Programming Coordinator Job Vacancy in Nairobi
- Assess current WV Kenya urban and external programs in Kenya and identify areas for growth, partnership and development
- Analyze urban trends, monitor intergovernmental groups, UN organizations and NGOs to maintain up-to-date knowledge of urban programming.
- Network, build and broker partnerships in international donor circles and research institutions to support WV field work and keep abreast of political developments nationally and in the region
- Ensure the continuous exchange of information on achievements and best practice including via an Urban Learning Network and Events
- Develop field urban capacity by establishing and coordinating an Urban Site of Learning in Kenya in consultation with the region and the Urban CoE.
- Develop evidence based urban resource materials to enhance program quality and effectiveness in Kenya.
- Collaborate with sectoral and ministry teams to prioritise urban poverty
- Collaborate with marketing to develop new funding models suitable for urban contexts and support the National Office to target multi-lateral and grant funding sources.
- Provide strategic advice to Kenya to develop their urban strategy and adequate representation of the urban context in the current WVK Strategy.
- Explore and adapt new organizational processes to respond to the urban environment
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Bachelor’s degree in any of the following areas: urban studies, political, economic, social or philosophical sciences, preferably in combination with international relations.
- A master’s degree is preferable.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in urban programming and management issues, of which preferably at least three in INGOs.
- Strong networker with contacts in Kenyan, donor circles and political knowledge
- Sound understanding of urban theories, practice and programming.
- Good analytical, research and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to plan and deliver work programs to agreed deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective relationships in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
People and Culture
World Vision Kenya
P.O. Box 50816 – 00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Please indicate clearly on the envelope or on the subject line “Commodity Officer”.
30 total views, 1 today