Programme Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya – UN
UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No.VA-022/2012
Post Title:Programme Officer (Nutrition)
Post Grade: NOA
Duty Station: Nairobi
Date of issue: 18.06.2012
Contract type: Fixed Term (FT)
Closing date: 01.07.2012
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan nationals only.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Nutrition and overall supervision of the Head Programme, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
Assist the Head of Nutrition in programme planning and design:
- Review proposals to ensure technical compliance with WFP/nutrition cluster guidelines and policies;
- Assist with analysing gaps in programme coverage, identify potential partners and liaise with them to increase coverage and minimize overlap;
- Stay up to date with other agencies interventions in nutrition or related fields to ensure sound integration of WFP supported projects; Participate in field assessment missions
- Participate in the design and implementation of operational research activities.
Advise technically AoRs, partners, and other units in the country office on nutrition programme implementation:
- Review monthly distribution plan in a timely manner;
- Review weekly and monthly reports and provide feedback on options to tackle key issues;
- Assist in the process of preparing agreements, addendums, and other documents related to nutrition;
- Liaise with partners and sub-offices to resolve issues and clarify or obtain additional information;
- Undertake to ensure implementation procedures adhere to WFP guidelines.
Participate in the capacity building of WFP staff and partners to implement nutrition interventions:
- Assist in creating and maintaining a training work plan for WFP staff and partners in nutrition;
- Prepare and update of training material, guidelines, information-communication-education (IEC) material, and implementation tools;
- Organize and assist in facilitating trainings and workshops in the field as well as in Nairobi in collaboration with other units and SO staff.
Assist the Head of Nutrition in representation and coordination work:
- Represent WFP at nutrition or food aid cluster meetings and other stakeholders/partners meetings when required
- Participate in the production of reports, documents and communication papers
- Maintain close working relationship with other stakeholders in the nutrition sector.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: University degree and/or equivalent experience with emphasis in one or more of the following disciplines: human nutrition, public health or a field relevant to international development assistance.
Experience: At least one year of postgraduate professional experience in health or nutrition programming in emergencies with progressive experience.
Knowledge: Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and at least one other standard statistical software package for nutrition surveys (ENA, Anthro, Epilnfo).General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
Desirable skills: Knowledge of Somali language and of general statistical packages (STATA, SPSS, SAS, etc.) will be added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following linkhttp://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc to be sent by e-mail to Somalia.Hr@wfp.org
Quote the Vacancy Announcement number, job title and location of preference;
Hand delivered applications will no longer be accepted;
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
53 total views, 1 today