Programme Accountant and HR Intern Jobs in Kenya
We are recruiting for the following high calibre individuals to join our team of healthcare professionals. Interested applicants are invited to send their
applications detailing current and expected salary and CV with contact details of three referees to the General Manager Human Resource P.O. Box 10552-00100 Nairobi, clearly marking the application with position applied for. Applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject line by Wednesday, August 8th 2012. DO NOT attach your certificates.
Programme Accountant- Gender Violence Recovery Centre
The key responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to:-
- Preparation of GVRC budgets and resource mobilization ensuring the correct grant/Project budget are posted in timely manner to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports.
- Monitoring the budget spending, reviewing funds commitments and advising the project managers on the spending levels to avoid over/under spending.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual project expenditure reports and variance analysis.
- Prepare and update the projects matrix and database for projects in liaison with Project Managers
- Developing financial controls and standards in line globally acceptable accounting principals.
- Preparing the project for both internal and external audits, by ensuring all the relevant documents are in place, including grants agreements, grants modifications letters, financial reports etc and ready for audit
- Liaising with the auditors to facilitate the audit process, ensuring the project gets an acceptable audit rating and follow-up on the grant audits and responses and ensuring implementation of the audit recommendations.
- Receive all requisitions including cash payment requests, review for validity, accuracy and completeness and make necessary recommendations.
- Ensure efficient Cash flow management including overseeing petty cash management
- Ensure timely reconciliation of statements and timely liquidations thereof for both staff and program advances.
- Analyze Balance sheet accounts and ensure they are well reconciled
- Undertake Timely Reconciliations of donor funds requisitions, analysis, reconciliations and reporting of Bank and Donor Accounts
- Three (3) years of experience in an Accounting field preferably within an NGO set up
- University degree OR Qualified Accountant (CPA/ACCA) and experience in accounting, preferably within the NGO Sector
- Knowledge of MS Office, Microsoft Great plains, Google applications.
The specific mandate/ terms of reference will be to resolve all outstanding final dues, Provident Fund Payments from Jan 2010 to 31st March 2012.
Qualifications and Skills
- Accounting background
- Good working knowledge of current taxation regimes as well as the required statutory deductions.
- He/ She must have a keen eye for detail
- Good computer skills
51 total views, 1 today