Program Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya
Closing Date: 12th September 2012
The main purpose of this position is to provide overall management and coordinate program activities amongst the three sectors of Mercy USA’s integrated program in Kenya
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Provide technical input in developing Mercy USA annual action plans and subsequent dissemination for program level action plan
- Contribute towards resource mobilization/fund raising with the regional team for Mercy USA programming
- Program proposal development and review for various Mercy USA donors including USAID/OFDA and UN agencies.
- Work closely with the program partners for advocacy for Nutrition, Heath, WASH and Livelihood programs
- Ensure implementation of programs in line with the approved program proposal and budget, anticipating and communicating issues/problems in advance to Mercy USA HQ and preparing written amendments as required
- Provide technical assistance and oversight to Mercy USA existing multi-sectoral programs
- Ensure compliance to Mercy USA, Donor and National policies, procedures and guidelines that relate to: program (monitoring, reports, evaluations, etc), finance, logistical and human resource management
- Support the project team in the fulfillment of their duties according to programme design; in particular providing supervision, direction and mentoring to National Managers and Field Program Managers and further support to Mercy USA program staff within its Kenya program ensuring program quality to relevant internationally recognized standards
- Ensure that appropriate systems and plans are in place for dealing with emergencies, and provide leadership for staff and volunteers in emergencies
- Establish systems and standards for assessment and monitoring/evaluation of programs. Ensure Mercy USA monitoring and evaluation activities mainstreamed with national monitoring and evaluation frame works i.e. work towards one monitoring and evaluation frame work.
- Facilitate capacity support activities for Mercy USA partners (Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation- MoPHS and Ministry of Medical Services- MoMS) through Nutrition Sector approved approaches for improved service delivery at health service points.
- Enhance program management skills of Mercy USA national team through formal and non-formal training
- Represent Mercy USA at national level in relevant sector coordination meetings including Nutrition Technical Forum (NTF), Water Environment and Sanitation Coordination (WESCOORD), Kenya Humanitarian Forum (KHF), Agriculture and Food Security, Livelihoods Sectors and other relevant meetings with MoPHS/MoMS (at all levels), international donors, UN agencies and NGOs
- Build professional networks with stakeholders in-country
- Bachelors degree in a social discipline related to Community/ International Development, Project Management, Disaster Management, Nutrition, Public Health.
- An advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience of progressive work experience in management of community development projects in developing countries, emergency and transitional settings.
- Experience of project appraisal, project management, monitoring and evaluation and project impact assessment
- Experience of working with host governments and their agents, INGOs and national NGOs an advantage
- Experience of developing new projects, writing proposals and responding to donor requirements
- Proven experience of managing a large workload and multiple priorities
- Ability to work in difficult conditions
- Technical competencies in the design, planning and implementation of health and nutrition programs as well as sound financial skills (e.g., budgeting)
- Strategic thinking and management
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision
- Computer literate with fluency of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc
- Good communication skills
- Report writing-ability to analyse and interpret data and write reports to a high technical standard
- Problem solving skills
- Proposal writing
- Strong co-ordination and negotiation skills with stakeholders
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience of implementing USAID funded projects an added advantage
This should include:
Email subject-“Application for Program Manager- Kenya”.
48 total views, 1 today