Program Manager Job in Lodwar – IRC
The IRC implements programs in the areas of comprehensive primary health care, nutrition, protection, peace building, water and sanitation and hygiene (WASH), HIV/AIDS prevention, response to gender based violence, disaster risk reduction (DRR), livelihoods and governance.
- Ensure joint technical visits are undertaken by the technical coordinators on a trimester basis and visit reports with action plans prepared. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring that the action plans are implemented.
- Coordinate semi-annual meetings for the senior management of consortium partners at Nairobi level.
- In collaboration with the M&E manager and technical coordinators, ensure that program activities are implemented in compliance with donor guidelines and in accordance with agreed implementation schedules
- Track the project budget spending to ensure that acceptable burn rate is achieved by all partners in their respective implementation locations
- Maintain the grants and report tracking system to ensure all grant files are organized and well managed for planning and preparation of donor reports and project monitoring.
- Support the organization and follow-up of grant opening meetings, quarterly grant review meetings, and grant close out meetings.
- In collaboration with the M&E Manager and technical coordinators, support program teams in monitoring program activities, work plans and budget spending on a quarterly basis to ensure program quality
- Undertake training for program and operation staff at country office and field office level on grants management related issues as needed.
- Review sub-grants for compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Maintain sub-grant management system, including grant files, project and financial reporting documentation, and monitoring systems and tools to ensure sub-grant compliance. Provide feedback and request clarifications on sub-grant documents that have been submitted for approval.
- Maintain master files on sub-grants on hard copy and in the share drive.
Key Result Areas:
- Lead in the development of tracking system and monitoring indicators for the DFID-funded Nutrition project as well as training of project and partner staff on M&E tools and plans.
- Work with the technical coordinators of partner organizations and the Project Manager to ensure that project activities are implemented in accordance with the work plan agreed on with the donor
- In collaboration with the technical coordinators of partner agencies, lead the documentation and dissemination of the Project’s lessons learnt and best practices
- Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Biostatistics or related field
- Special professional training in M&E will be an added advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in developing plans and schedules from inception
- Work experience in related fields in NGOs and/or on DFID-funded projects is a plus
- Ability to organize and write reports and use quantitative analysis techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages and statistical packages
Please apply on or before October 5, 2012
41 total views, 1 today