Program Manager Job in Lodwar – IRC
The IRC implements programs in the areas of comprehensive primary health care, nutrition, protection, peace building, water and sanitation and hygiene (WASH), HIV/AIDS prevention, response to gender based violence, disaster risk reduction (DRR), livelihoods and governance.
- Ensure joint technical visits are undertaken by the technical coordinators on a trimester basis and visit reports with action plans prepared. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring that the action plans are implemented.
- Coordinate semi-annual meetings for the senior management of consortium partners at Nairobi level.
- In collaboration with the M&E manager and technical coordinators, ensure that program activities are implemented in compliance with donor guidelines and in accordance with agreed implementation schedules
- Track the project budget spending to ensure that acceptable burn rate is achieved by all partners in their respective implementation locations
- Maintain the grants and report tracking system to ensure all grant files are organized and well managed for planning and preparation of donor reports and project monitoring.
- Support the organization and follow-up of grant opening meetings, quarterly grant review meetings, and grant close out meetings.
- In collaboration with the M&E Manager and technical coordinators, support program teams in monitoring program activities, work plans and budget spending on a quarterly basis to ensure program quality
- Undertake training for program and operation staff at country office and field office level on grants management related issues as needed.
- Review sub-grants for compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Maintain sub-grant management system, including grant files, project and financial reporting documentation, and monitoring systems and tools to ensure sub-grant compliance. Provide feedback and request clarifications on sub-grant documents that have been submitted for approval.
- Maintain master files on sub-grants on hard copy and in the share drive.
Key Result Areas:
- Lead in the development of tracking system and monitoring indicators for the DFID-funded Nutrition project as well as training of project and partner staff on M&E tools and plans.
- Work with the technical coordinators of partner organizations and the Project Manager to ensure that project activities are implemented in accordance with the work plan agreed on with the donor
- In collaboration with the technical coordinators of partner agencies, lead the documentation and dissemination of the Project’s lessons learnt and best practices
- Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Biostatistics or related field
- Special professional training in M&E will be an added advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in developing plans and schedules from inception
- Work experience in related fields in NGOs and/or on DFID-funded projects is a plus
- Ability to organize and write reports and use quantitative analysis techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages and statistical packages
Please apply on or before October 5, 2012
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
88 total views, 1 today