Program Director Job Vacancy in Nairobi
Reporting to:Regional Director
Duty station: Nairobi with frequent field visits throughout Kenya and Somalia
Duration: 3 years
Starting date: 1st October 2012
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide overall strategic and programmatic leadership and oversight within the consortium of project partners;
- Facilitate the design and implementation of innovative and effective strategies for the development of education programs in North Eastern Kenya and Somalia;
- Responsible for the overall quality of program and plans developed by both the EMACK core team members and partners in North Eastern Province; and
- Responsible for overall GEC capacity-building efforts for local Education Officials in project areas.
- Support Education Specialists in the design of innovative education programs, linking this effort to GEC’s objective of scaling up and mainstreaming of successful features and approaches;
- Ensure that project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations and that project results are proactively disseminated;
- Provide oversight to all project operations and reporting, ensuring compliance with UKAID requirements and regulations;
- Work closely with the UKAID, Government of Kenya, and other critical counterparts, to ensure the project effectively complies with the UKAID and GOK objectives, rules and regulations;
- Ensure compliance with the policy and legislative requirements of UKAID as stipulated under the Agreement;
- Supervise and provide strategic and technical guidance to project technical staff in a range of Education interventions as outlined in the program document, ensure collaboration between the program’s technical staff and the various partner organizations;
- Collaborate with the program’s technical staff and the various partner organizations to bring ideas, findings, and lessons learned to project leadership and the donor agency;
- Responsible for timely preparation of annual work plans and reports to the donor;
- Supervise, mentor, manage and motivate staff for optimal performance of the project;
- Responsible for co-ordination and collaboration with partner and key stakeholders; and
- Document and disseminate project achievements and lessons on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the development and accountability of the program budgets.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Education or related field.
- A Doctoral Degree is desirable;
- A team player with visionary leadership:
- Experience in Education development field in East Africa required;
- Sound knowledge of the dynamics of the Education system in North Eastern Kenya and Somalia;
- Exceptional managerial and operational experience, preferably in managing large complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions in developing countries/sub Saharan Africa;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working with UKAID or other donor supported projects at a senior level;
- Experience in developing program work-plans, developing program budgets, managing program implementation, managing staff, and field and managing short-term technical assistance; and
- Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral proficiency in English, and verbal communication skills in one or more local languages.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2012
33 total views, 1 today