KASNEB is established under the Accountants Act, No. 15 of 2008 and the Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya Act, Cap 534, with the mandate to develop syllabuses, conduct professional and technician examinations; certify candidates in finance, accountancy, governance and management, information communication technology and related disciplines; promote its qualifications globally and accredit relevant training institutions.
The vision of KASNEB is to be the preferred world-class professional examinations body in finance, accountancy, management, information technology and related disciplines.
In keeping with current strategic needs, KASNEB is pleased to announce the following vacancies:
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Officer will undertake various procurement activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining the suppliers register.
- Processing tenders and quotations for supply of goods and services.
- Processing orders for goods and services.
- Liaising with internal customers with regard to their requisitions for supply of goods and services.
- Tracking orders and procurement assignments.
- Recording all purchase transactions and updating purchase records.
- Compiling support documents necessary for payment for goods and services.
- Preparing monthly procurement reports.
- Conducting periodic market surveys.
- Assisting in the disposal of idle assets.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelors degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management, Commerce, Economics or related disciplines from a recognised university.
- A diploma in Purchasing and Supplies from a recognised institution.
- At least three (3) years working experience in purchasing and supplies management.
- A member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- Excellent knowledge of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act and Regulations.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of inventory management software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- A team player with strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of conduct of meetings will be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, copies of professional certificates, testimonials, current and expected salary and names and addresses of three referees so as to reach the undersigned not later than Wednesday, 21 September 2011.
The envelope should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL” quoting the “REFERENCE NUMBER” and be addressed to:
Secretary and Chief Executive
P.O. Box 41362 – 00100,
“Kasneb is an equal opportunity employer”