Power Utility Engineer Vacancies in Kenya 2011
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Power Utility Engineer
Ref: TECHNICAL_SDMPE_AUGUST 2011
Reporting to the Senior Manager-Regional Network Rollout-Western; the holder of the position will be responsible for power connection and dimensioning for BTS sites within Safaricom and KPLC specifications and Safaricom CAPEX Budget.
- Oversee commercial power contractors during installation and commissioning of KPLC power lines;
- Verification of site power connection costs to ensure conformity to contract and actual scope;
- Coordinate power dimensioning for existing BTS sites required in optimization and upgrade projects;
- Ensure timely application for commercial power and approval by KPLC;
- Acceptance of all completed power works to ensure they satisfy all Safaricom requirements, KPLC’s Technical specifications, and are done in accordance with KPLC code of practice;
- Database management and administration.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineer with a bias in Power Systems;
- A minimum 2 years relevant experience in Electrical Power Installations, Switchgear, and Control systems part of which should be in power utility company;
- Electrical experience in a Telecommunications environment is an added advantage;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Project management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and report writing skills.
The deadline for application is Thursday the 8th September 2011.
Note: This position is located in the Western Region of Kenya- Kisumu (Kiboswa area).
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- safaricom entry engineer salaries
- current engineering vacancies kenya 2012
- power utility engineer africa
37 total views, 1 today