Paid Internship At IOM Kenya 2011
Paid Internship At IOM Kenya 2011
Functional Title:COS Internship
Grade:Intern – Remunerated
Duty Station:Dadaab (Kenya)
Duration of Assignment:3 months with possibility of extension
IOM Nairobi, Mission with Regional Functions (MRF) is based in Nairobi, and covers Kenya,
Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Burundi, Eritrea, Djibouti, and Somalia.
The internship will be placed within the Common Services Department (COS) in IOM Dadaab Kenya.
The department is a support unit of the mission mainly dealing with procurement, inventory
management, maintenance, transport and protocol issues of the mission.
General functions of The Internship:
Under the Overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office-Dadaab and the direct supervision of
Admin/Finance Assistant – Dadaab Kenya, the COS internship holder will perform general Common Services
duties. These will be basic logistical support functions and will include the following functions:
Specific responsibilities of the Internship will include:
1. Assist in determining, arranging and handling accommodation matters for IOM Kenya staff and
IOM visitors in Dadaab in close collaboration with HSO and Admin/Finance Asst.
2. Assist in supervision of cleaners at the Kenya Sub office and at the accommodation quarters.
Making sure that the offices and accommodation rooms are cleaned (swept and
mopped) daily to acceptable IOM standards. Also determine the need and level for
extra cleaning services during missions/visits and advise your supervisors accordingly.
3. Together with the Head driver assist in scheduling of vehicles for staff pick-ups and
droppings, and local errands (Dadaab and in the 3 camps). Out-of-Dadaab movements
to be shared and scheduled by/with HSO/OPS/MHD/Admin.
4. Plan and schedule vehicle repairs at Care Dadaab / IOM Nairobi Kenya with Head
5. Together with the Head driver make sure that daily vehicle logs are done by drivers.
Hence, prepare weekly/monthly vehicle movements analysis with a view for optimal
vehicle usage – i.e. compare different months’ fuel consumption and determine (if any)
contrasts in usage and advise.
6. Assist in compiling daily/weekly/monthly fuel consumption
7. Report any repairs to be carried out at the accommodation compound to supervisor.
8. Identify and report IOM Kenya assets that may require repairs
9. Ensure in all the compound plants and trees are water- fed on daily basis
10. Together with the Admin /Finance officer ensure the AGK guards/police are punctually
on duty and routine surveillance.
11. Ensures no misuse of IOM assets/Computers by unauthorized persons
12. Perform tasks of an office assistant as need arises
Internship Personal Development
The incumbent will acquire technical knowledge in the area of Logistics and Procurement,
including asset management, acquire understanding on policies associated with procurement
from international organizations perspective and also will gain in-situ experience in working in
an international multi-cultural environment, with an intergovernmental organization.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies for the Internship Holder.
1. Dadaab Resident
2. Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies, Business Administration or alternatively, an
equivalent experience in related field.
3. Working or volunteer experience with a NGO or international organization an
4. Personal commitment, efficiency and results-driven.
5. Solid working knowledge of MS Office and Internet applications
6. IOM Competencies required: Effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative
analytical thinker, active learner, team player and cross cultural facilitator.
Mode of Application of the Internship job:
Submit Cover Letter and CV including daytime telephone and email address to: International
Organization for Migration (IOM), Human Resources Department, PO Box 55040-00200 Nairobi Kenya
– or – send by email to [email protected]
Closing Date: 20th May 2011
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
- IOM Kenya
- paid internship in kenya
- IOM jobs in kenya
- paid internships in kenya 2011
- iom kenya vacancies
- iom kenya jobs
- dadaab jobs kenya
- Paid Internships in Kenya
- Kenya Somali Iom nursing jobs 2012
- nursing vacancies in IOM in Kenya 2012
- job vacancies at iom in nairobi 2012
- iomkenya jobs 2012
- Paid ICT internships in kenya
- 2012 may procurement intern vacancies in kenya
- paid internship vancies in kampala uganda
- Paid internships in kenyan NGO
- paying procurement internships in kenya
- social work jobs at iom kenya vacance 2012/2013
- IOM NURSING JOBS KENYA
- iom nairobi@iom int web:
- Accomodation jobs kenya
- finance paid graduate intern vacancy kenya
- goverment of kenya internships-nairobi
- I o m job vacancy for nurse daadab
- I O M vacancies in kenya
- internshps at IOM
- IOM Jobs Kenya
- iom kenya internships
- IOM Nairobi ABOUT GRADE
- iom nairobi april 2012 vacancies
- iom nairobi office
- iom nairobi@iom int
- student internship vacancies in nairobi area under real estate depertment
108 total views, 1 today