Packaging Specialist Job Vacancy in Kenya
Position: Packaging Specialist
Direct Report to: AG Manager or Packaging Manager
Indirect Report to: Head of Packaging
Company Profile: Our Client is the world’s leading Multinational Company dealing in the manufacturing of Nutrition based consumer products
Main Purpose of Job
Manage execution of Packaging related projects and initiatives at factory level in line with corporate packaging policies in terms of quality, safety and compliance.
Key Responsibilities will be to;
- New Product Development & Introduction: Lead Packaging projects & trials at Factory level with focus on line performance, cost efficiency on time delivery and product quality.
- Provide packaging input within the AGs proposing and evaluating best packaging alternatives for new products and improvements to existing products.
- Organise and document factory trials including machinability, shelf-life, storage handling, laboratory and transport tests for validation of new packaging and changes in specifications.
- Conduct value analysis; identify and recommend cost improvements and source reduction opportunities. Initiate (or participate in) DMAIC exercises. Guardian of packaging quality going out of the factory lines.
- Safety, Quality & Compliance: Implement packaging related quality and compliance directives. Drive quality improvements in our packaging. Assist Factory QA to review packaging related on-line/off-line controls – to implement packaging monitoring plans. Participate in supplier audits.
- Packaging Specifications: Manage GLOBE database of packaging materials.
- Supplier development: Support Packaging Head Office and Procurement in the selection, assessment and development of new suppliers/converters. Raise packaging material complaints with suppliers & collaborate to resolve them.
- Ensure development of competencies of packaging assistants & disseminate packaging best practices and knowledge at the shop floor (e.g. “One Point Lessons”). Source &utilize training materials available within the Group (or develop training materials as appropriate)
- Packaging Material and Packaging Lines Efficiency in line with the goals of NCE Zero waste, Zero loss: Accountable for efficiency in Packaging Lines and Materials usage. Support to Procurement on local & zone level.
- Consumer Complaints: Analyze consumer complaints related to packaging, propose & implement corrective actions.
- Graduate in Engineering, preferably in Packaging, Mechanics, Industrial, Chemistry or Automation or equivalent (Materials Science, Printing).
- Packaging development in FMCG Packaging development and packing operation in FMCG.
- Problem solving approach.
- Project management.
- Supplier & converter auditing.
- Competent in Packaging Safety, Quality and Compliance.
- Basic knowledge in production planning.
- Aware of customer and consumer understanding.
- Aware of relevant technology platforms, people management tools & practices in the Nestle context.
- Good understanding of NPDI process.
- Good understanding of NCE methodologies in particular TPM & LEAN.
- Good understanding of the company quality ( HACCP ), engineering and manufacturing systems as well as supply chain and HR processes.
To apply for this position send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position in the subject line and preferred location.
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
27 total views, 2 today