This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small team in Kenya who manages the direct sourcing of cut-flowers for a well known retailer in the UK.
The position has two focuses:
1. Logistic Administration coverage (shared role)
- Assist in creating and amending daily supplier orders and communicating it to suppliers.
- Liaise with suppliers on supply situation (shortages/extras).
- Update expected quantities in UK server with latest supplier expected volumes.
- Verify packing lists and invoices from suppliers for correctness and update UK server with actual loadings.
- Send daily updates on expected quantities.
- Take ownership of quality management, liaising with UK quality department and following through with suppliers on packhouse and farm level.
- Be the first point of contact for Suppliers and UK on matters of specification and quality.
- Ensure all Suppliers are in possession of latest specifications and approved variety lists.
- Liaise with UK Technical and Quality team and ensure issues are followed up with suppliers.
- Undertake pro-active and focussed inspection of finished product on arrival at cold store to evaluate specification adherence.
- Assist in administration of Technical Due Diligence information from suppliers.
- University education in the field of agriculture / horticulture
- Previous experience working in the Kenya cut-flower industry, specifically on quality management.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- Good command of computers, especially excel an database programs
- Culture and Attitude for Responsibility and Accountability and Attention to Detail.
- Self Motivated – able to work independently.
- Able to work as part of a small team
- Strong Communication skills – able to maintain with local Suppliers and UK office.
Position is based at JKIA, Nairobi
Flexible approach to the hours of work
Applicants can send a short CV to email@example.com
Please include a cover letter referring to current and previous work experience as part of the email body text.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.