Operations and Quality Administrator Job With Cut Flowers, Kenya
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small team in Kenya who manages the direct sourcing of cut-flowers for a well known retailer in the UK.
The position has two focuses:
1. Logistic Administration coverage (shared role)
- Assist in creating and amending daily supplier orders and communicating it to suppliers.
- Liaise with suppliers on supply situation (shortages/extras).
- Update expected quantities in UK server with latest supplier expected volumes.
- Verify packing lists and invoices from suppliers for correctness and update UK server with actual loadings.
- Send daily updates on expected quantities.
- Take ownership of quality management, liaising with UK quality department and following through with suppliers on packhouse and farm level.
- Be the first point of contact for Suppliers and UK on matters of specification and quality.
- Ensure all Suppliers are in possession of latest specifications and approved variety lists.
- Liaise with UK Technical and Quality team and ensure issues are followed up with suppliers.
- Undertake pro-active and focussed inspection of finished product on arrival at cold store to evaluate specification adherence.
- Assist in administration of Technical Due Diligence information from suppliers.
- University education in the field of agriculture / horticulture
- Previous experience working in the Kenya cut-flower industry, specifically on quality management.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- Good command of computers, especially excel an database programs
- Culture and Attitude for Responsibility and Accountability and Attention to Detail.
- Self Motivated – able to work independently.
- Able to work as part of a small team
- Strong Communication skills – able to maintain with local Suppliers and UK office.
Position is based at JKIA, Nairobi
Flexible approach to the hours of work
Applicants can send a short CV to [email protected]
Please include a cover letter referring to current and previous work experience as part of the email body text.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
61 total views, 1 today