Office Admin/Freight Co-ordinator Job in Kenya
Our client a Dubai Based, global Support company which provides services to DoD contractors in the middle East, Asia and Africa is looking forward to filling the position of a freight co-coordinator /Office Administrator for the Nairobi Office.
Roles and Responsibilities.
They will manage the day-to-day office operations and ground operations around Nairobi in cooperation with the local Operations Manager and will be responsible for the following:
- Sourcing rates for trucking, sea freight, airfreight and customs work
- Managing ongoing cargo operations of the accounts priced out
- Filing freight and transportation documentation
- Process shipping and receiving reports by entering data into spreadsheets and electronic databases
- Will be responsible for routing incoming and outgoing communication regarding freight shipments and transportation needs
The suitable candidate should have freight experience – Experience in rates and routing, freight operations and knowledge of east African Custom Clearance.
Background in dealing with southern Sudan or Somalia in addition to Kenya.
A Diploma or Bachelors Degree preferably in Administration or any advanced or related courses to Freight forwarding
- A minimum of 3 years freight experience
- Ability to juggle a variety of tasks and have a strong attention to detail
- Experience in rates and routings
- Experience in freight operations and knowledge of East African customs clearance and documentation procedures
- Good customer service and presentation skills
- Competency in MS Office Suite
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Please indicate current or last salary.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
3rd Floor, Nabui House, Westlands
N.B. We do not charge any fee for interviews and neither for having your CV in our database
62 total views, 1 today