Nurses Job Vacancies at Kakuma Mission Hospital
Diocese of Lodwar – DOL is seeking to recruit qualified persons to fill the following positions.
All candidates require technical competencies in the respective areas, willingness to work in remote places in Turkana and commitment to work with and support partners of DOL.
Nurses – Kakuma Mission Hospital
The Successful Candidate will be reporting to the Unit In-charge
Job Purpose / Description
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Offer nursing care to clients.
- See patients in the OPD, offer treatment in IPD
- Ensure ANC mothers are counseled and tested for HIV
- Ensure and conduct safe deliveries in the facility.
- Adherence counseling to clients.
- Guide HBHC providers and volunteers.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential. title: nurse,
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Clinical Skills, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Administering Medication, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance
- Diploma or certificate in Nursing from a recognized Health institution.
- Registered by Nursing council of Kenya
- Two years working experience from busy health unit.
- Knowledge of Current HIV management/CCC experience will be an added advantage
- A recommendation letter from your parish.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to:
Human Resources Manager,
Diocese of Lodwar
P O Box 101 -030500
Email address: [email protected]
or drop them at the Human resource office Lodwar
Owing to the urgency of filling these positions, short listing will be done as soon as CVs are received.
Closing Date is 10th August, 2012.
Interviews shall be held immediately.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted via mobile phone and should be ready to avail themselves for interviews within a short notice.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
47 total views, 1 today