Caritas Switzerland / Luxembourg (Caritas) and its partner organisations applied successfully for a grant from the European Commission (EC) to build the capacity for long term food security in Eastern Equatoria, Southern Sudan.
The project aims to improve food security and sustainable livelihood for 10,000 house-holds by enhancing agricultural production, diversifying income sources, improving nutrition and promoting safe hygiene and sanitation practices.
Caritas Switzerland and Caritas Luxembourg are non-governmental agencies and members of Caritas Internationalis. Caritas works worldwide and adheres to international humanitarian principles.
Caritas Switzerland and Caritas Luxembourg act in the frame of a MoU as a consor-tium in the region EA/Horn.
Position: Project Manager Food Security
Duration: 6 to 12 months
Location: Based in Torit and frequent travels to Isoke, Eastern Equatoria, Southern Sudan
Key tasks & responsibilities
· Responsible for the operational implementation and management of the project “Building capacity for long-term food security in Eastern Equatoria, Southern Sudan”;
· Responsible to plan, coordinate and implement all project activities in liaison with the con-sortium partners and local and international stakeholders on the ground;
· Responsible for M&E as internal and external reporting (HQ and Donors);
· Responsible for managing project staff and resources;
· Responsible for the financial follow-up of the project;
· Liaise with Government authorities, UN agencies and the EC;
Essential requirements & qualifications
· Advanced University degree in Agriculture or Food Security;
· At least five years field experience with a non-governmental organisation in senior man-agement positions (preferably including management of EC funded projects).
· Sound knowledge of EC funded projects, EC rules and procedures;
· Proven track record in Project Cycle Management, resource management, OD and train-ing of project staff;
· Ability to lead a consortium of national and international partners, motivated to work in diverse teams in a hardship context;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (German is a plus);
· Flexibility, good interpersonal skills and sensitive to cultural values;
· Knowledge of and work experience in Southern Sudan is a plus
Contract start: As soon as possible. This is an unaccompanied position.
Position: Finance Manager
Works under the supervision of the Back Office Manager
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Advises the Back Office Manager and the Country representative on financial management:
· Assists the Country Representative and the Back Office Manager in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to financial management,
· Supports the Country Representative and the BackOffice Manager in the organization of internal or external audits,
· Control and checks of assets and stocks,
· Analyses changes in donor requirements (i.e. exchange rates) and advises the Project Managers accordingly,
· Updates the Caritas Country office rules and regulations regarding changes in legislation that may affect its operation, i.e. taxes etc.
· Advises on the financial management of contracts,
· Develops management mechanisms to minimize financial risks,
Manages the budgets of the Country Office and respective Field Offices and projects:
· Ensures bank reconciliations and monitoring of bank statements,
· Manages the accounting and financial monitoring systems for the organization,
· Monitors cash flows and ensures the timely preparation of monthly cash flow forecast,
· Manages payroll,
· Prepare donor documents for liquidation,
· Provides financial reports on a monthly basis or on request of the Country Representative (in collaboration with the Project Managers and the Back Office Manager),
· Ensures the proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports,
· Reviews financial statements with the Program Managers,
· Carries out regular financial/physical checks with partners to ensure accountability of resources made available (in line with the agreed terms in MOUs, internal regulations of CACH, EC and individual Donor requirements)
Supervision and guidance of financial assistant staff.
Ensures that all documents are well coded with the correct codes and cost centers referenced and the budget lines indicated,
Ensures the financial management of the guesthouse and internet use and ensures proper invoicing to projects and clients.
· Degree BA of Commerce, Option Accounting; MA advantageous,
· Professional accountancy qualifications – CPA , ACCA;
· Experience in using Navision software;
· At least 5 years work experience in a non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation;
· Knowledge of EC rules and procedures
· Ability to work under pressure, independently with limited supervision
· Good oral and written communication skills;
· High levels of integrity, patience, cross-cultural adaptability and sensitivity;
· Proficiency in computer for using MS-Office,
In South Sudan, Caritas Switzerland implements in a consortium with Caritas Luxembourg and the Catholic Diocese of Torit a comprehensive recovery project to provide basic services that aim at increasing access to quality education, as well as improving access to, and use of safe water by the beneficiaries.
Among others Caritas builds schools and water catchments and has a strong focus on sanitation and hygiene education as well as teacher training, strengthening of Parents/teachers associations and water management institutions.
If you feel fit the required profile, please let us know how your qualifications, experience and career ambitions match the requirements of the position.
Send your application by the 30th September 2012 to [email protected]
indicating ”Finance Manager”.
The applications will be processed as they come in.
Please provide a Curriculum Vitae (CV) that contains details of your qualification, experience, present position, earliest date of availability, telephone numbers and names of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
80 total views, 1 today