NGO Jobs in Kenya, Nutrition Jobs
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and
universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Somalia Delegation in Nairobi implements the institution’s humanitarian activities in Somalia.
This position is on a consultancy basis for the period of 4 months starting immediately.
The ICRC Somalia Delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced and highly motivated person to fill the above mentioned position.
The Nutrition/Health Field Officer forms part of the team working under the supervision of the EcoSec Coordinator in collaboration with the Health Coordinator.
The incumbent will be responsible to provide advice, as well as to support the Delegation’s strategies on diverse issues related to the implementation and monitoring of nutrition/health projects in Somalia.
These duties require an in-depth knowledge of the implementation of community based nutrition and health programs as well as the social, political and economic context of Somalia.
* He/she will be based in Somalia and work within the frame of the economic security department approach and of the wider delegation strategy for Somalia, in close collaboration with the nutrition delegate; regular reporting visit to the Delegation in Nairobi;
* He/she will work in close collaboration with the general ICRC Field Officers based in the different regions of Somalia as well as with the staff of the Somali Red Crescent;
* He/she will contribute with collection and analysis of data gathered in the field;
* He/she will assist the nutrition and PHC delegates and will report upon the act. assigned by the Departments;
* He/she will contribute to the assessment, implementation and monitoring of the nutrition/health-programs;
* He/she will contribute to the Delegation internal reporting.
* Full nurse diploma with a sound knowledge of CMAM and maternal/child health care programs;
* At least 3 years of work experience in a similar field or in nutrition/health related programs implemented in Somalia; former experience with humanitarian organisations required
* Relevant professional experience in designing, implementing and monitoring CMAM and MCH/PHC programs;
* Significant knowledge of nutrition and public health assessment methodologies, including analysis and reporting
* Excellent presentation and communication skills;
* Excellent computer skills;
* Excellent knowledge of English and Somali language.
* Good organizational and analytical skills;
* Good interpersonal, reporting and writing skills;
* Ability to work independently and in a team;
* Flexibility and willingness to travel extensively in Somalia and to spend long periods in the field.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to the Head of EcoSec Department of Somalia Delegation on the below address before 19th August 2011.
Please include detailed curriculum vitae, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
International Committee of the Red Cross
Denis Pritt Road
P.O. Box 73226, Nairobi
00200 – Kenya
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- 2012 NUTRITION JOBS IN KENYA
- nutrition graduate jobs in kenya
- nutrition ngo jobs
- nutrition jobs in ngo
- nutrition vacancies in kenya
- january 2012 nutrition jobs ngo
- health and nutrition jobs in africa in 2012
- JOB VACANCIES IN KENYA FOOD N NUTRITION N RELATED JOBS
- nutrition jobs in kenyan NGO
- nutrition jobs in nairobi
- nutrition jobs in Somalia
- nutrition jobs in the NGOs
- nutrition jobs/kenya
- nutrition kenya jobs
- 2012 nutrition vacanceis in kenya
- nutrition ngos
- nutrition officer jobs august september 2012 kenya
- nutrition positions in Kneya
- nutrition research vacancies from ngo 2012
- nutrition job vacancies n NGO 2012
- nutrition vacancies kenya
- nutrition vacancies ngo kenya
- Nutritional job vacancies kenya
- Nutriton Jobs in kenya
- nutrition jobs in kenya current 2012
- nutrition jobs in Kenya August 2012
- nutrition jobs ik kenya
- kenyan ngos jobs 2012/2013 for nutritionists
- kenyan nutrition jobs
- KENYAN NUTRITIONAL JOBS
- latest nuitrition ngo vacancies kenya
- new ngos jobs on nutrition
- new nutrition jobs in kenya
- NGO FOOD RELATED JOBS IN KENYA
- ngoLatest Nutrition Jobs in Kenya
- ngos with nutrition vacancies in kenya
- nutrion jobs-kenya
- health and nutrition jobs in Eastern Africa in January 2012
- NUTRITION JOB KENYA
- nutrition job keynya
- Nutrition job vacancies in NGO
- nutrition job vacancies in NGO/UN
- health and nutrition jobs in East Africa December 2011
- nutrition jobs 2012 kenya
- un jobs org/nutrition in kenya
83 total views, 1 today