NGO Jobs in Kenya – Family Health Options Kenya
Family Health Options Kenya (FHOK) is a dynamic not for profit national Non-Governmental Organization with strong grassroots networks.
The Organization provides leadership and plays a pioneering role in offering sustainable, innovative and comprehensive services in response to health and socio-economic needs of all Kenyans.
FHOK is seeking qualified persons for the following positions-
Director, Finance And Administration
REF: DFA/HQ/2012: – (Nairobi)
This post is the most senior financial position in FHOK. It is accountable for the efficient and cost effective management of FHOK finances and for providing technical and financial policy oversight for the whole organization.
This includes ensuring practical and sustainable financial systems and controls are in place and overseeing and supporting the timeliness and accuracy of grant financial reports.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the post will have a key role in the management of the programme finances at a strategic level.
- Proven strategic financial ability including substantial experience in forward financial planning.
- Masters of Business Administration (or equivalent certification and experience). B.Com Accounting Degree will be an added advantage.
- Recognized accounting qualification – CPA (K), ACCA
- At least 8 years senior financial management experience with NGOs, preferably at least 2 years as the Head of Finance
- Experience in staff management and supervision, and demonstrable ability to use different techniques to build high performance teams.
- Knowledge and experience of financial computer applications, including SUN, FBS and other packages, spreadsheets.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent inter-personal and analytical skills
- The ability to challenge poor practice constructively and to give direct actionable feedback on control failures
- Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must be a member of a professional body with good standing, e.g., ICPAK.
Human Resources Manager
REF: HRM/HQ/2012:– (Nairobi)
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Administration, the successful candidate will develop and implement human resource strategies that will drive business growth and meet the changing needs of the Organization. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating of recruitment, selection, induction, placement and manpower planning.
- Formulation and managing appropriate HR training and development policies and programmes.
- Developing and implementing performance management system.
- Developing and implementing sound human resources policies, procedures and systems.
- Advising on industrial and employee relations.
- Managing and administering office resources and services including office leases and security arrangements.
- Develop and constantly review FHOK’s terms and conditions of service
- Conducting training needs analysis as necessary and developing training programmes to meet performance gaps
The ideal candidate should:
- Be holders of a Bachelors degree in Social Sciences and Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management or Masters in Business Administration (HRM).
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in Human Resources Management preferably in an NGO setting.
- Possess good analytical, public relations and strategic thinking skills.
- Posses excellent knowledge of computer applications particularly Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Conversant with labour laws and modern HR practices.
- Posses excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Medical Centre Manager
REF: MCM/ELD/2012:– (Eldoret)
Based at the Familycare Medical Centre & Maternity in Eldoret and reporting to the Assistant Programme Director (Service Delivery), the successful candidate will formulate, develop and implement Preventive, Curative, Maternity and Reproductive Health Services in the Organization’s Medical Centre. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide quality ASRH and clinical services.
- Plan and conduct outreach services.
- Implement the project business plan.
- Provide guidance and motivation to facility staff and community health agents.
- Monitor and evaluate facility performance for effective decisions and action.
- Manage all the resources including human, financial and other assets.
- Assess the environment to fix fees for various services and recommending charges to be applicable in the particular clinic.
- Ensuring continuous Quality Assurance in the clinic by advising the Headquarter through the supervisor whenever there is need to review the checklist including indicators for continuous Quality Assurance.
The ideal candidate should: -
- Have a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery Degree.
- Be able to perform BTL (Minilap), Vasectomy and minor Surgical procedures
- Have worked in a reproductive health clinical set up.
- Have knowledge of HIV management and be familiar with the national treatment and management guidelines.
- Minimum of three years experience is required
- Possess good analytical, public relations and report writing skills.
- Possess excellent knowledge of computer applications
- Be able to plan, work and achieve targets independently
- Past Experience in a management position in an NGO set up will be an added advantage.
Project Officer (Advocacy)
REF: PO/ADV/HQ/2012:– Nairobi
FHOK in partnership with PACKARD Foundation is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of Project Officer (Advocacy)
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide up-to-date political analysis, annually, enabling a review of instruments and political process influencing FP information and access nationally.
- Plan, develop and disseminate advocacy materials covering national and district level situation on FP.
- Provide facts on FP situation, including experiences from the project, to duty bearers at policy level.
- Maintain contact with journalists and produce press releases and briefings when relevant.
- Establish alliance, networks and movements with individuals and organizations that can influence FP at national level.
- Work with Advocacy staff to design and implement research, training and advocacy activities.
- Provide supervisory and coaching activities to project staff on advocacy on FP.
- Provide technical assistance to stakeholders when required.
- Prepare budgets and activity reports as required.
- Establish appropriate systems to manage program and financial records.
- Engage in evaluation activities on FP.
Professional Qualification, Competencies Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- University degree in Public Health, Social Science or related discipline from an accredited university or college.
- Five years appropriate experience in Project Management, advocacy or research related work.
- Thorough knowledge and skills in dealing with high-level authorities, strong analytical skills, strong knowledge of national health policy especially FP policy, and excellent knowledge of evidence based advocacy.
- Good report writing, analysis and communication skills. Must be a result oriented and team player, Flexible and adaptable, innovative, self-motivated and independent. Must be willing to travel from time to time.
Interested candidates should forward their applications quoting the position reference number and attaching a full CV.
Current and expected salary details, copies of certificates and names and addresses of three referees to be received not later than 22nd June 2012.
FHOK is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
Apply in confidence to:
Apply in confidence to:
Family Health Options Kenya
P.O Box 30581- 00100
Family Health Options Kenya
P.O Box 30581- 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and conversing will lead to automatic disqualification.
60 total views, 1 today