NGO Jobs in DRC Kenya – IRC
Since its inception in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has been a global leader in emergency response and providing durable solutions for conflict- and crisis-affected populations.
Applications are invited for the following vacancies to be based in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
These positions are contingent upon funding.
1. Chief Of Party
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide leadership to this health program based out of Kinshasa, DRC.
The COP will ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with the DFID contract and the Ministry of Public Health’s strategy for health sector development.
The COP will work closely with IRC DRC’s Regional Director to review progress toward results and represent the consortium to the Oversight Committee ofthe MoPH and DFID.
- Masters degree in Public Health, Public Administration. MBA or other relevant degree;
- At least ten years of experience managing large-scale projects (+$50 million) in a conflict or post-conflict environment, field experience in DRC is preferred;
- Proven leadership, strategic planning and decision-making capabilities while under pressure in an unstable environment;
- Demonstrated experience managing large, geographically dispersed teams and working in tandem with local and international partners;
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing inter-institutional coordinating functions within a multi-cultural operating environment;
- Effective and persuasive writing and public speaking skills in English and French;
- Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal and financial compliance requirements associated with DFID funding;
2. Operations Director
The Operations Director will provide a strong operational support & oversight which is critical to the delivery of quality project implementation.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Operations Director will supervise a Support Unit which will provide logistics, ICT, administration, human resource, and safety and security management support to the project.
- 10 years in a senior operational management role, preferably in an international NGO;
- Diverse background in operations, with strong understanding of finance, administration supply chain, human resources, information technology, and business processes;
- University degree required; MBA or comparable advanced graduate degree preferred;
- Experience working in complex and fluid operating environments, including a demonstrated appreciation for the challenges involved in working in a conflict or post-conflict environment;
- Fluent in French & English;
- Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal and financial compliance requirements associated with DFID funding
3. Head of Human Resources/Deputy Director-Human Resources
The Head of Human Resources/Deputy Director — Human Resources will lead and facilitate the development of a highly effective, strategic HR function in the DRC region that ensures the organization has the structure, culture and talent needed to deliver on program goals and effectively serve its beneficiaries.
The Head of HR will direct and facilitate the delivery of regional, national, and local HR capacity and infrastructure for efficient and effective services at multi-levels and implementation and adaptation of HR global initiatives and practices.
- Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups of 500+ employees in multiple locations within the region or global environment required;
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development;
- Master’s degree, minimum 10 years of progressive HR professional experience with a minimum of 5 years as a regional coordinator or director or equivalent education and experience;
- French fluency required with strong English proficiency;
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent;
- Strong knowledge of HRIS systems preferred;
- SPHR, GPHR, CIPD or other HR professional certification preferred
Full Job descriptions can be downloaded atwww.rescue.org/careers
To apply please go to http://www.rescue.oralcareers and search for Name of the Position.
Please apply on or before June 25, 2012
IRC leading the way from harm to home
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
103 total views, 1 today