NGO – Finance and Administrative Assistant Vacancies in Meru, Kenya
Finance and Administrative Assistant
Save the Children (SC) is the world’s leading independent organization for children. The International organizational organization works towards a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
Save the Children Canada works in 37 countries around the world and was established in Kenya in 1984 where we currently operate programs in Eastern and Central Provinces. SC brings strong management and innovative strategies to programs in health, HIV and AIDS, Education, Children in Crisis, economic opportunities, food security and emergency response.
To ensure efficient and accurate financial and administrative functions in SCC satellite office in Eastern Province.
Based in Meru Town with frequent travel to the project areas in Eastern Province.
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager with day to day supervision of Area Manager – Meru.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and maintain efficient financial systems and internal controls in accordance with the policies and procedures required by SCC Nairobi Office and in compliance with international standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, with support from the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Review field financial reports generated at the field level and ensure that they are complete and accurate with correct cost coding. Ensure bank and cash accounts are reconciled and all support information is available before sending the field monthly reporting back to the Finance and Administration Officer in Nairobi.
- Review budget monitoring reports sent to the field to ensure they are accurate and assist budget holders to interpret the same information, explain variances where necessary, and assist the budget holders in budget tracking.
- Assist in preparation of donor reports as may be required from time to time.
- Monitor and maintain cash flow to the field office in Meru ensuring that budget holders make their funds request on time, consolidating the funds request and following up with Nairobi office to ensure funds are disbursed to the Meru office in timely manner.
- Maintain the imprest account in Meru ensuring that reconciliations are done regularly and liquidations of project advances are done on time.
- Ensure compliance with procurement procedures make payments to suppliers in the field in compliance with SC procedures and policies.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of documents for proper audit trail.
- Support the annual organization audit and donor specific audits as may be required from time to time.
- Offer human resources and administrative support as necessary liasing with the Area Manager and Finance and Admin Officer on HR and administrative issues.
- Provided training, guidance and assistance to program staff on finance matters
- Any other duties as may be requested by the Finance and Administration Manager.
- 3 years experience working in NGO finance and grants environment
- Successfully completed CPA Part 2
- Superior computer skills with good written and verbal communication
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, paying particular attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze financial data and problem solve
- Knowledge of SUN Systems and added advantage
- Available at short notice.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, three referees and day time telephone contact to
or Box 27679-00506, Nyayo Stadium, Nairobi
no later than 20th January 2012
42 total views, 1 today