NGO Careers in Kenya – IRC (4 Positions)
The IRC implements programs in the areas of comprehensive primary health care, nutrition, protection, peace building, water and sanitation and hygiene (WASH), HIV/ AIDS prevention, response to gender based violence, disaster risk reduction (DRR), livelihoods and governance.
Applications are invited for the following positions:
1. Health Team Leader – Hagadera
Under the supervision of the Field coordinator, the Heath Team Leader shall be responsible for the overall designing and implementation of the health program that encompasses Nutrition, HIV, CHP, BCC and Clinical Services sectors.
S/he will also be responsible for implement evidence based primary health care service delivery.
He/she shall be expected to monitor and ensure improvement and maintenance of the entire health indicators as per SPHERE/UNHCR/WHO standards at the Camp.
Required qualification /experience & Competencies
- University Degree in Medicine/ Public Health
- Minimum three years of field work experience on comprehensive primary health programs in resource poor settings.
- Experience in refugee camp settings will be an added advantage.
- Strong management, assessment, project planning, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Skills in program and budget management
- Demonstrated proposal writing and reporting skills – Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Deputy Field Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the overall management and program implementation in IRC programs in Dadaab/Hagadera Refugee camp.
The Deputy Field Coordinator serves as the official IRC representative in the Field office when
the Field Coordinator is not on ground and will be the senior management and security management team member of the field office, upholding the mission, mandate and policies of IRC.
- At least five years relevant work experience in a senior management post.
- Proven senior level management experience and skills.
- At least two years five years in NGO management.
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations
- Excellent English report writing skills – donor standard and excellent representational skills.
- Must be computer literate.
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Clinical Services Manager, the Medical Doctor is directly responsible for the provision of curative services to the beneficiaries in Dadaab
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution
- Licensed with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists board
- Previous experience working in a refugee camp is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years work experience in a busy set up
- Ability to work well under minimum supervision
- Good clinical and surgical skills.
- Ready to work in hardship areas with basic services available.
- Team player, hard worker.
The Governance and Rights Program Assistant position is a new role to be created within the team.
The post will be based in the immediate future in either the IRC Kenya Office in Nairobi.
The position is a permanent, full time post which will be subject to a 6 month probationary period as per IRC Policy.
- Degree in a related field, (Politics, Geography, History, Social Sciences).
- At least 1 year of related work experience, preferably for an International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO).
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development issues and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently & productively in a fast-paced environment and ability to effectively see projects through from start to finish.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with a variety of people in a multi-cultural and multi-site environment;
- Flexible work attitude, proactive and demonstrated creativity: the ability to work productively in a team environment and the ability to problem solve creatively with minimal guidance;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written is required; language skills in French would be a strong asset;
- Excellent Computer skills: proficient in all MS Office, and some knowledge of database management and website development would be an asset.
To apply please go to http://www.rescue.org/careers and search for NAME OF THE POSITION.
Please apply on or before 16th April 2012
IRC leading the way from harm to home
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Public Alert: Disclaimer
Misuse of our name for fraudulent activities
The Management of International Rescue Committee (IRC) Kenya, wishes to inform the general public that it has come to our notice, that some unauthorized groups and organized individuals
posing as our staff have been extorting money from the general public for their personal gains promising to offer jobs within IRC.
The general public should please take note all vacant IRC jobs has are advertised either in the local print media or on our website www.rescue.org/careers.
Interested candidates are NOT required to pay any recruitment/interview fee.
You are encouraged to report such individuals/groups to the nearest police station to investigate their conduct or to IRC at IRCKenya@rescue.org .
51 total views, 1 today