New Logistics Officer Job Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya
Position: Logistics Officer
Direct Supervisor:Senior Logistician
Final Responsible:Country Logistics Manager
Relationships Internally: Logistics staff (Nairobi and field), finance & administration
Relationships Externally: Transporters, suppliers, clearance/forwarding agencies
Start Date: June 2012
Salary: Circa Ksh 74,000 Gross per Month.
Merlin is a British humanitarian Non Governmental Organization providing health care to populations in crises.
- To manage the stores, transport and general logistics functions of the capital office, consistent with the country programme objectives.
- To liaise with procurement officer and anticipate supplies incoming to transit store, and manage storage space effectively
- To control all Nairobi stores according to Merlin policy, running monthly stock checks and providing monthly reports
- To ensure that supplies are forwarded to project sites in a timely and cost effective manner; and that sites are kept informed about pending deliveries and any delays to consignments
- To ensure that goods are received, unloaded, stored properly, and checked in against procurement documents
- To ensure that all consignments leaving the country have appropriate export documents
- To obtain competitive quotes relating to transport and to liaise professionally with transport suppliers
- To supervise drivers and manage Nairobi vehicles and movements, ensuring that vehicles are properly maintained
- To control fuel the procurement of fuel, prepare consumption data and submit monthly fleet reports on time
- To ensure all documents and requisition forms are authorised according to Merlin policy
- To maintain accurate control of vehicles: monitoring vehicle logbooks and provide monthly vehicle report to the Logistics Manager.
- Control use of fuel vouchers, provide administrative check and all supporting information before presenting them for final approval and subsequent payment.
- Supervise Nairobi drivers and ensure correct vehicle usage procedures as per ‘driver’s rules and regulations’ and Merlin policy.
- Plan and organize the day to day capital office transport requirements.
- Ensure that vehicle service intervals are closely monitored and that planned and unplanned maintenance is carried out as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Liaise with suppliers to receive newly procured goods into transit stores, and provide signed goods received notes for the procurement files.
- Manage distribution of stock to project sites: liaise with project sites, prepare stock transfer documents, ensure that the stock in good working condition, organize the transfer, ensure a GRN is received from the field site and filed.
- Maintain stock movement report (SMR) of all capital office stores: hold store keys in a secure manner, carry out monthly stock taking of all stock items and present monthly stock report to Logistics Manager.
- Ensuring cleanliness, hygiene, safety and storage system in place is up to the required standards.
- Prepare standard Merlin documentation for all items received and issued, such as stock movement reports, warehouse requisitions, bin cards, etc.
- Liaise with project staff to ensure the timely dispatch of purchased items by appropriate means
- Request quotations from transport suppliers, prepare all paperwork as required
- Manage the picking/packing of cargo, preparing packing lists, and completing accurate waybills.
- Prepare documents for all payments related to transport, and ensure that this is authorised according to Merlin policy
- Prepare standard Merlin documentation for all items received and dispatched, such as stock movement reports, packing Lists, waybills and GRNs
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all project site staff
- Ensure effective working relationship with counterparts, technical and service departments at capital level
- Brief new starters on Merlin procedures related to this transport and warehousing
- Willing to be sent to the field for specific support or supervision on specific logistics activities.
- Any other duty as may be required by the Logistics officer
- Relevant degree and/or equivalent in logistics
- Two years of warehouse or transport management experience, preferably with an NGO or similar organisation
- Advanced skills in the use of computers and office software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc),
- Fluent written and spoken English and effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Good planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure
- Physically fit, proactive, and willing to lead by example
- Previous experience working for an NGO
- Supervisory experience
- Certificate/Diploma in a relevant subject
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
80 total views, 1 today