New Agronomist Job Vacancy in Bungoma Kenya (KShs 18K – 20K)
Job Location: Rural Kenya
We are looking for an experienced, strong team-player with training in agricultural sciences, a developed ability to manage horticultural trials, and superior research skills to manage the work in horticultural innovations for One Acre Fund’s Kenya program.
- Develop and test appropriate planting techniques for One Acre Fund crops. Current crops include maize, sukuma, tree crops, and common beans, but the list could expand.
- Design proper packaging and storage of agro-materials (seed, fertilizer, chemicals)
- Design and manage nursery trials and staff. Nursery trials are for new crops, products, and varieties. These trials will often be linked closely with field and farmer-based trials.
- Investigate and develop management regimes for common pests and diseases.
- Contribute to the improvement of soil nutrition management regimes.
- Carry out field visits to farmer fields and groups for trainings, field trials, quality assurance, and troubleshooting and provide recommendations on seed issues, pest and disease treatments, agro-chemicals, soil treatment, etc.
- Build relationships with agricultural research specialists and institutions
- Research new techniques and inputs for agricultural related activities
- Liaise between research and development staff, nursery staff, and field staff
- Perform other related responsibilities, as required
- Must have 3-5+ years of agricultural field work experience
- Must have a college or university degree in the agricultural sciences or a related field.
- Must have received a C+ or higher on KCSE
- Must speak fluent English, Kiswahili
- Experience working in a fast-growing company
- Experience balancing many high-priority projects
- Project management background or experience
- Strong computer and data entry skills
Location: The Agronomist will work in our Bungoma Western Region.
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
119 total views, 1 today