National Project Coordinator Job in Nairobi
Through its dedicated programme, the ILO works to enhance economic opportunities for women by carrying out affirmative action in support of women starting, formalizing and growing their enterprises, and by
mainstreaming gender equality issues into its work in enterprise development.
the strategic needs of women entrepreneurs.
- Coordinate and ensure the timely delivery of the WED project’s outputs in the project country, working together with partners.
- Actively promote the project and its partners in the country in order to gain visibility for the ILO and the donor agency.
- Identify problems, propose solutions and actions, and follow up with the Chief Technical Advisor, technical specialists in headquarters and Pretoria, the ILO country office in Dar-es-salaam, and project partners as appropriate to expedite implementation and meet targets and deadlines.
- Assist the Youth Entrepreneurship Facility (YEF) to further mainstream gender in their workplans and activities.
- Monitor progress in implementation of activities with national partners by reviewing, verifying and analyzing work plans, writing progress and final reports in association with the YEF Chief Technical Advisor and backstopping global coordination unit in headquarters.
- Provide programming and administrative support and ensure synergies are created with the YEF project, other relevant ILO projects in the country as well as with the UN joint programming process (especially with other UN agencies working on women’s and youth entrepreneurship development).
- Undertake missions to project sites independently or accompanying other ILO officials and members of team as required.
- Assist in updating and validating the national WED assessment by government, constituents and other key partners in the country.
- Coordinate the collection of baseline data and ensure the ongoing collection of data and reporting to monitor and ensure progress of the project’s activities towards it set goals.
- Coordinate the gathering of profiles of women entrepreneurs linked to the project through written documents and videos highlighting how the project is or has positively influenced or helped them.
- Coordinate and support the launching of campaigns that raise awareness about women entrepreneurs.
- Supervise the work of external consultants and project support staff.
- Assist in the programming and control of resources, prepare budget estimates and expenditure forecasts by analysing and monitoring situation of resources as compared to planned activities and making recommendations to Chief Technical Advisor for remedial action.
- Perform other duties assigned by the YEF Chief Technical Advisor and the ILO office Director.
- Qualifications: BA degree in social sciences or another relevant degree, with technical training and experience in gender mainstreaming.
- Previous working experience in the technical area of women’s entrepreneurship development and gender equality.
- At least three years of experience implementing technical cooperation projects in this technical area.
- Good knowledge of project formulation, implementation, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
- good knowledge of the role and operations of the UN system activities for development; knowledge of office financial rules and regulations;
- ability to perform various conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects;
- ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing (see languages below);
- excellent analytical skills;
- good computer application skills, ability to work individually and as part of a team;
- ability to forge relations with diverse stakeholder groups;
- excellent time management and organizational skills.
28 total views, 2 today