National Programme Officer Vacancies in Kenya
Vacancy Announcement No:ODN/002/2012
VA issued on: 06 February 2012
Closing date: 17 February 2012
Post Title: National Programme Officer (M&E)
Grade: Service Contract SC9 (NOB equivalent)
Duty Station: Regional Bureau for East & Central Africa, based in Nairobi
Salary: As per UN Salary Scale
This vacancy announcement is open to both male and female candidates.
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is looking for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the post of National Programme Officer (M&E) in support of the Regional Bureau for East & Central Africa, based in
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Advisor, the National Programme Officer (M&E) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for monitoring and Evaluation of activities in the region;
- Develop and sustain liaison with key professionals and NGOs engaged in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Liaise with country offices and undertake visits to view project outputs, outcomes and impact of WFP assistance in order to ensure that progress is made in the achievement of project objectives.
- Review new project documents as well as monitoring and evaluation Systems for Countries within the region ensuring they are aligned to the corporate strategic results framework, criteria, procedures, and policies.
- Oversee timely, good quality and action based reporting of outputs and outcomes at RB and CO level.
- Assist Directors and Programme Advisers in all matters related to monitoring and evaluation of WFP assistance and bring to the attention of appropriate regional/country staff any administrative constraints arising from rapidly evolving emergency situations in the field;
- Support the management of ODN evaluations and oversee that evaluation recommendations are duly taken into account for the formulation of new operations.
- Oversee preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and critical reports related to monitoring and evaluation including proposals for improvements in operation and the scope of programmes;
- Supervise other programme staff; provide training and technical guidance in their work;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Good analytical skills; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgement, tact, negotiating skills; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to work in a team, and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to cope with situations which may threaten health or safety; flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Education: University degree in one or more of the following disciplines: economics, agriculture, international affairs, business administration, social sciences, development studies or a field relevant to international development assistance.
Experience: At least three years of postgraduate professional experience in commerce, business administration, development, or food aid support.
Knowledge: Training and/or experience utilising computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
Language:Fluency in both oral and written communication in English
Desirable skills:Knowledge of relevant WFP specified software; proficiency in a second official WFP language.
Closing Date:17 Feb. 2012.
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested Kenyan nationals meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications by e-mail, together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of education certificates, names and telephone numbers or email addresses of three work referees.
Please send your application to: [email protected]
Please quote the Vacancy Announcement No. and the title of the position in the subject line.
Candidates should also complete and submit a Personal History form (P.11) available on the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc.
Please Note: WFP does not charge fees from applicants at any stage during the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
39 total views, 1 today