Nation Media Group Latest Jobs in Kenya – 2 positions
The Nation Media Group, the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media.
It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Permanent Business Executives (TV)
Job Ref: HR-BE-05 2012
We wish to recruit suitably qualified Business Executives.
We invite applicants who are performance driven and possess excellent skills and capability to drive sales and revenues for our TV platform.
Reporting to the Business Manager, the Business Executives will develop, maintain and increase a solidly dependable client base and provide an effective service to clients so in order to maximise advertising sales volumes and revenue targets.
- Targeting and developing new sales accounts through handling external sales calls and prospecting clients.
- Obtaining research and market intelligence data for executing sales opportunities.
- Contributing sales promotion ideas to the sales and advertising team
- Retaining current business and developing new business contacts
- Marketing programme scheduling in order to attract commercials to the station.
- Preparing proposals and advertising ideas to area businesses while selling commercial advertising time and other station products to local advertisers,
- Maintaining sales contacts with appropriate representatives of major advertisers and issues resolutions.
- Understanding the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and finding ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising.
- Attracting advertisers to sell products and services via television
- Providing input on sales promotion ideas to team members.
- Executing budgets and targets through effective solicitations, promotions and customer service.
Skills, knowledge and experience requirement
- Basic University Degree
- 2 to 3 years experience in sales preferably in a broadcasting environment
- Assertive with the ability to develop relations with clients and to execute sales closures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well developed presentation skills.
This is a permanent position which offers an excellent career growth opportunity and a competitive remuneration package.
Attractive commissions will be offered based on performance.
Marketing Manager – Nation Broadcasting Division (NTV, EASYFM, QFM & QTV)
Job Ref: HR-MM-05-2012
We are looking for brand custodians to propel our brands to new heights.
If you are passionate about marketing and have a strong track record in building brands, then you’re the person we’re looking for to fill the position below.
- Formulate and drive the marketing strategies and plans to grow brand equity for the above mentioned brands and deliver against business objectives
- Identify opportunities for growth and improved customer satisfaction
- Maintain a keen awareness and understanding of market and consumer trends and interpret their impact on key business performance metrics
- Drive consumer market research and use the knowledge for product development
- Work collaboratively with the editorial and programming teams to develop new ideas and deliver outstanding content
- Work collaboratively with the advertising sales teams to deliver against revenue targets
- Manage and motivate the brand team to achieve set targets
Skills & Experience
- Strong strategic thinker with experience in marketing strategy formulation and execution.
- Leadership skills to lead and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to influence and work well with diverse, cross functional teams.
- Possesses a high level of independent judgement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 3+ years proven experience in a senior marketing role or as an Account Director in an advertising agency.
- University degree in Business, Marketing or other related field.
If you meet our requirements, please send your application and a detailed CV online to http://careers.nationmedia.com before 16th May, 2012.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
We shall only contact the short listed applicants
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
80 total views, 1 today