Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job in Nairobi
Job Framework – Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for African Health Markets for Equity Project
Reports To: Project Manager AHME
Liaises With:Research M&E Manager
Duty Station: Support Office, Nairobi with constant travel to the field sites.
Purpose of the role
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer is a core member of the AHME project management team and is primarily responsible and accountable for supporting the development and implementation of the project’s M&E plan, including development of a project performance monitoring plan and reporting system to assess the results of the project activities.
Under the overall supervision of the Research, Monitoring and evaluation Manager, and the direct supervision of the AHME project manager, the M&E officer will contribute to efforts that monitor projects outputs against work plan and targets, including those of the Service Providers for the overall AHME project.
- Establish a results-oriented monitoring plan including the performance management plan indicators
- Provide technical support and guidance on reporting tools, data management processes, analysis and interpretation to project implementation team.
- Participate in execution of capacity gaps assessments, identifying training needs and developing capacity building plans for supporting the franchised providers and project team.
- Coordinate data collection and reporting of project activities to ensure completeness and timeliness.
- Enter data into project databases accurately, and according to a data calendar within defined timelines.
- Working with the project team to perform Data Quality checks and data audits including onsite data verifications to ensure data captured is of optimal quality
- Plan and facilitate capacity building and training of Franchisees in monitoring and evaluation through mentorship/ supportive supervision
- Provide technical assistance to the franchised providers for adequate integration of service data into the MOH data systems
- Minimum, Bachelor’s Degree in Quantitative Social Sciences (Demography, Population Studies, Sociology, Applied Statistics, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Environmental Health, Health Systems Management, Health informatics or other related degree)
- At least 1 year experience in reproductive health, family planning, HIV and AIDS in the context of developing countries
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant professional experience in managing large data bases and in design and implementation of M&E systems for health programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and in a multi disciplinary team.
- A combination of technical, analytical and managerial capabilities and a proven record of project management,
- Demonstrated experience statistical analysis and reporting, including experience with computer-based statistical packages and databases (SAS ACCESS, STATA, SPSS, Epi-Data, CSPro, Epi-Info, Adept., ATLASti, NVivo, Nudist etc)
- Strong facilitation skills, including the design and management of effective trainings.
- Excellent communications and coordination skills and ability to work independently.
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CVs with contact details of 3 referees should be submitted to:
Marie Stopes Kenya
People and Development Dept
On or before 10th September, 2012
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject as ‘Monitoring & Evaluation Officer’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
79 total views, 1 today