Ministry of Water: Accounts Assistant
Reporting to the Project Financial Controller (PFC), the Accountant Assistants will be responsible for maintaining Project financial and accounting records at the PCT and in particular perform the following duties:
- Be responsible for the maintenance of principal books of accounts and records on project expenditure as directed by the PFC;
- Ensure the project’s financial procedures as detailed in the project Implementation and Financial Manuals are strictly adhered to by all project staff and executing agencies at the national and county level;
- Under the direction of the PFC assist in the preparation of the annual work plans and budget in line with the guidelines provided by Ministry of Finance and IFAD for inclusion into the national and county Budgets;
- Compiling the Statements of Expenditures (SOE) and Withdrawal Applications (WAs)for the PCT, the counties for submission and follow up with the Project Lead Agency, the Ministry of Finance and IFAD;
- Perform: Bank Reconciliation of all county Bank Accounts, maintain the ledgers, maintain all records on Withdrawal Applications and other financial records for the project up to the Trial Balance stage;
- Under the direction of the PFC assist in the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports as required by the GOK and IFAD project agreement;
- Assist in ensuring that project accounting records in the project area are properly maintained for Internal Audit and External Audit as detailed in the Loan Agreement and GOK regulation;
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly, bi-annual and annual financial reports as required by the GOK and IFAD; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the PFC.
- Must be holder of CPA (K) or its equivalent. Those with Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting option) degree, or relevant Master’s Degree will have an added advantage;
- Must have a minimum of 3 years similar working experience in a government ministry/department handling GOK and donor projects;
- Strong computer skills (spreadsheets, word and other accounting packages);
- Ability to prepare financial statements as per International Accounting Standards;
- Must have excellent report writing, communication skills and demonstrate a high level of integrity; and Be a team player.
Applications together with CVs and copies of certificates should be emailed or posted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ministry of Water and Irrigation
Attn: Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 49720-00100 – Nairobi
Application Deadline is 15th October 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
45 total views, 1 today