Medical Engineering Technician Job Vacancy in Kisumu
USA Medical Research Unit
Kenya Medical Research Institute
KEMRI / USAMRU – K
“THE WALTER REED PROJECT”
Medical Engineering Technician
Open Date: 19/12/2012
No. of Positions: 1
Vacancy No: 006/2012
Position Description: Maintain all laboratory and clinical equipment at multiple sites in Kenya, to meet national and international standards, including repairs, installation, calibration, and routine maintenance needs.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Must be a holder of a Higher Diploma in Medical Engineering from a recognized medical training institution
- Must be registered with AMEK (Association of Medical Engineering of Kenya)
- Minimum three years experience with ultra-low freezers and other medical equipment/systems
- Technical experience in a research unit or hospital set-up
- Specific knowledge and experience in the maintenance of flow cytometer machine
- Must be able to carry out planned preventive maintenance, calibration, liaising with the manufactures for routine maintenance, trouble shooting and assisting new users of the flow cytometer machines.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP)
- Competency in general medical maintenance
Skills & Abilities:
- Understand the general operation, function, application, and safety requirements of health care equipments and systems; ability to diagnose technical faults and carry out repairs
- Ability to interpret electrical and electronic circuits
- Work accurately under time constraints and pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to plan and organize work, develop worksheets and keep records
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal working hours
- Basic computer skills
Terms of Employment: Yearly contracts, renewable as per KEMRI scheme of service; Probation period for the first 3 months.
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with Contact telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates and Transcripts
Applications are due no later than 3rd January, 2013 to: -
Human Resource Manager,
“The Walter Reed Project”
P.O. Box 54-40100,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
115 total views, 1 today