MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need.
At present, MSFCH operates in three programmes locations in Somalia: Afgoye, Dinsor and Beletwayne.
Location: Nairobi with frequent field visit to projects
Start date: ASAP
Type of contract: 1 year (renewable)
- works in close collaboration with the Medco. In collaboration with the field team challenge / adapt medical operational priorities and strategies through annual plan of action and logical framework writing
- Monitor the programme through data analysis and field visit, give feedback to the team, and exchange medical information
- Report and analyze data to the Medical Coordinator through regular reports. Put in perspective difficulties encountered and context of the project.
- Participates in exploratory mission / assessment to monitor health and health related issues
- Define the medical human resources needs. Ensure a correct mission organization chart, accurate medical job description and application of correct recruitment criteria.
- Carry out individual briefing/debriefings, follow-up, individual evaluation, technical evaluation, Field training
- Ensure staff health (including staff mental health) application of the national staff health policy and support expatriate health.
- Direct support to unit Supervisors
- Ensure an update of the emergency preparedness every 6 months.
- Clinical Officer or Registered Nurse with the respective Medical Board
- 2 years experience, and MSF experience is an added advantage
- Fluent in English and Somali Language with coordination experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong initiative
- Team player with strong analytical skills
- Flexible and able to work in a demanding and challenging work environment.
- Humanitarian spirit.
- Organized, methodical and accurate
- Able to work to strict deadlines and under pressure.
- Good team player.
- Motivated with a demonstrated ability to adapt to new working methods.
- Ability to live and work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
The Medical Coordinator
MSF-Switzerland, Somalia Mission
James Gichuru Road, off Gitanga Road,
P.O. Box 25091 – 00603
Deadline: Friday, 28th August, 2011.
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.