May 2012 NGO Jobs- The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
Associate Program Officer for Commercialization – Program for Africa’s Seed Systems (PASS)
Ref: APOC/ 04 -12
- Coordinating joint ventures between public breeders and private seed companies to bridge existing gaps in technical support and marketing;
- Working with breeders to ensure sufficient production of seeds to meet industry requirements;
- Providing information to all stakeholders regarding availability, location and release of improved and adapted crop varieties;
- Working with Government agencies and other stakeholders to identify and resolve issues blocking the commercialization of improved crop varieties; and
- Liaising with other breeding and seed production Program Officers in designing and implementing strategies for disseminating improved crop varieties.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- 5 years’ post-qualification experience, with special focus on systems management, agri-business, or marketing; and
- Fluency in French will be an advantage.
Ref: GA /04 -12
- Receiving and logging-in all funding requests and enquiries and forwarding them to relevant program units for review while maintaining a tracking system to ensure timely response;
- Developing and maintaining an effective filing system for all documents related to the grants unit for easy retrieval;
- Ensuring that all correspondence to grantees and contractors are dispatched to the relevant grantees in a timely manner;
- Initiating grants’ payment requests;
- Conducting an initial review of grantee and consultants financial reports and updating the financial report monitoring system; and
- Generating disbursement and grantee reporting status and processing grantee reminders for report submission.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of 3 years’ post-qualification grant management experience;
- Excellent numerical skills, computer proficiency and experience in organizational financial management; and
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, but also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
- Assisting the Grants Manager with the review and compilation of grant materials for the grants committees,
- Ensuring that all grant and contract documentation assembled by program staff is complete and accurate and complies with all AGRA policies and procedures;
- Managing and reviewing AGRAs GIFTS grant management system to ensure completeness and accuracy of entries;
- Reviewing grants and contracts to ensure completeness and accuracy before their final review by the Grants Manager;
- Managing the Continually reviewing electronic grant documents;
- Managing the flow of grants over the course of a year and advising the Grants Manager potential issues that need to be addressed; and
- Serving as the AGRA contact person to receive, acknowledge and log in all grant reports ensuring that they are reviewed and subsequent actions are handled in a timely manner.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree, preferably business related;
- Minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification grant management experience;
- Strong accounting background in a grant making environment;
- Proficiency in GIFTS grant management system will be an added advantage;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, but also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties; and
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain a timely and efficient work flow.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Handling all AGRA media activities in Nairobi and elsewhere when required.
- Leading the production of various communication products for the communications unit, e.g. monthly bulletins, and articles for the Program’s website;
- Organizing press conferences for AGRA management and senior scientists;
- Writing, distributing and disseminating press releases for both local and international media;
- Coordinating digital photography, and managing the appropriate storage of photographic images;
- Supporting the activities and efforts of the AGRA President, senior officials, Director of Communications and Communications Officer by scheduling appropriate interviews, field visits and appointments; and
- Making necessary arrangements for meetings, workshops and conferences by providing printed materials and distributing background documentation, with support from the Executive Assistant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Agriculture or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 7 years’ post-qualification experience in communications;
- Must have experience in photography;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with computer proficiency;
- Excellent command of English and working knowledge of French.
- Ability to work and thrive in a multi-cultural environment.
Attractive remuneration packages commensurate with the responsibilities of these positions will be negotiated with the right candidates.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +254 20 423 0000
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
41 total views, 1 today