Massive Vacancies For Business Development Officers in Kenya(12 Positions)
Position: Business Development Officer (12)Industry:Insurance
Locations: Nairobi, Nakuru, Kisumu, Mombasa, Nyeri and Eldoret
Our client, a leading insurance group in the region, with well-established operations in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania is seeking to recruit Business Development Officers.
The successful candidates will be responsible for selling general insurance products to prospective clients.
We are looking for candidates with experience in insurance sales who are able to close sales above Kshs. 6 million per year. This is not a commission based position as the successful candidates will be entitled to a monthly salary and other attractive benefits.Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Sell general insurance policies to businesses and individuals
· Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients
· Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans
· Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage
· Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage
· Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries
· Calculate premiums and establish payments
· Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers
· Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy
· Perform administrative tasks such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals
· Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance
· Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts
Qualifications and Competencies
· At least a Diploma/Degree in Sales and Marketing, Insurance or any business related course
· Minimum 2-5 years experience in general insurance sales
· Capable of working with minimum supervision, able to manage time and meet tight deadlines.
· A high performer and a person of integrity
· Exceptional organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
· Self-starter, result oriented, critical thinker and problems solving skills.
To apply, send your CV ONLY and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 11th September 2012.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, preferred work location and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
68 total views, 1 today