Massive Recruitment of Part Time Lecturers: School of ICT
Part Time Lecturers in School of ICT, Business and Law
Overall Purpose of the position
To design, develop and deliver a range of programmes at Certificate, Diploma and Degree level for teaching at Inoorero University, in order to enable students to complete their studies successfully, and to determine, develop and carry out relevant independent research projects to extend knowledge in the appropriate subject area.
· Promote the vision and mission of the University and implement the University Strategic Plan.
· Contribute to the development of research strategies
Teaching and Learning:
· Design, develop and deliver a range of programmes of study (sometimes for entirely new courses) at various levels.
· Review and update, where necessary, course content on regular basis.
· Develop and apply innovative and appropriate teaching techniques including e-learning and to prepare materials that create interest, understanding and enthusiasm among students
· Ensure that course design, content and delivery comply with quality standards and regulations of the department as well as Universities regulations and the Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy
· Supervise student projects, field trips, attachments and where appropriate, placements
· Set, invigilate, mark and assess assignments, continuous assessment tests (CATs), projects and examination and provide timely feedback to students and the department
· Offer advisory interventions to students on their performance, employment market trends and career development
· Promote the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship and interaction of students with industry partners in learning and innovation.
· Determine relevant research objectives and prepare research proposals
· Identify sources of funding and oversee the process of securing funds
· Carry out independent research towards acquiring higher academic qualifications
· Write or contribute to publications or disseminate research findings using appropriate media
· PhD or Masters Degree in relevant field
PhD degree holder:
· Publications in one’s area of specialization and professional qualification relevant to subject area will be an added advantage.
Masters Degree holder:
· At least five years teaching experience at University level, and
· At least three publications in reputable journals or two University level books
NB: Industry experience is a distinct advantage.
· Strategic mindset and ability to put emerging issues in the context of the University mission, vision and strategy
· Ability to conceptualize, design, develop structured, and undertake structured evaluation and review of projects and programme
· Good report and proposal writing and public speaking/presentation skills
· Effective initiative facilitation and team leadership skills
· Structured problem solving
· Ability to continuously monitor and acquire knowledge/market intelligence on relevant industry trends and developments
· Good leadership, coordination, planning and organizational skills
· Proactive, initiative, with good networking, negotiation and collaborative skills
· IT proficiency.
How to Apply
You may apply by emailing your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 July 2012.
Please note that no paper applications will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IU is an equal opportunity employer.
58 total views, 1 today