Quick Call for Applications
Nairobi, Mombasa, Kilifi
Pathfinder International (PI) is an international non-profit organization that is committed to sustaining top quality thorough reproductive health services in Kenya.
Pathfinder operatings in distant areas, under the most tough problems, serving the most prone people. We collaborate with Federal governments, NGOs, Community and Faith-based companies to make contraceptive accessible and provide the quality treatment had to make sure safe childbearing and healthy and balanced loved ones.
Operating in nations with higher prevalence of HIV and AIDS, we give a continuum of HIV and AIDS prevention and therapy solutions and are expanding the assimilation of these services into reproductive health and wellness and household preparation softwares.
PI has sustained reproductive wellness and household preparation solutions and training in Kenya since 1969.
The organization’s directed is to deliver these solutions to the most susceptible individuals in culture with special focus to females and youngsters who are least likely to have access to high quality treatment.
Pathfinder is currently a major partner in the USAID/Kenya Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome Population and Health and wellness Integrated Assistance– Plus (APHIAplus-Nairobi-Coast project – a crown jewel wellness services dispatch plan funded by USAID and executed through a collaboration between Pathfinder International, Child Fund International, Cooperative League of the USA, Population Solutions International, and the Connection of AIDS Scientist of Eastern and Southern Africa that function within the Federal government health unit and within existing nationwide strategies and builds on job did by both COPHIA and APHIA II softwares (1999– 2010).
We are looking for to enroll Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) officers for the APHIAplus Nairobi-Coast software.
The successful candidates will certainly be based at the Mombasa, Nairobi and Kilifi project workplaces with constant area traveling.
The M&E Officer is a member of a cluster team that directly supports strengthening of service delivery and addressing social determinants of health in several districts.
The M&E Officer is also part of the larger project M&E team that is responsible for the development and implementation of the APHIAplus Nairobi-Coast M&E plan and for tracking project performance and for reporting.
Reporting to the Data Manager the M&E Officer identifies M&E needs, maintains data collection systems and ensures that all necessary information, from both routine reporting as well as from ad hoc data collection and special studies is processed and used by those who produce the data and by those who support the activities.
The M&E Officer is fully accountable and responsible for ensuring quality in the collection, cleaning and entry of routine community and health facility data into the project databases
The M&E Officer strengthens the capacity of partners (public, private or NGO/CBO) to implement effective monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning systems.
· Provide M&E support to GoK structures at the levels 1-4, to other implementing partners and project staff
· Support the roll-out of the DHIS2 and CBHIS, with special emphasis on availability of tools and on maintaining tracking record of tools and data flow,
· Participate in capacity assessments, in identification of training needs and in development of capacity building plans
· Implement a wide range of capacity building approaches (orientation, technical support, on-the-job training or mentorship) to staff in facilities (private or public sector) or in teams of implementing partners.
· Ensure that capacity building addresses: reporting requirements, reporting tools, data management processes, management of MOH registers and reports, definitions, analysis and interpretation and use of data, all depending on specific needs.
· Provide quality support to the use of data for decision making, at management, at facility level or at NGO/ CBO level
· Conduct or coordinate data collection and reporting of project activities (i.e. OVC, MARPs, HTC, RH/FP, PMTCT, ART, Community Units and BCC) and ensure completeness and timeliness of data
· Enter data into appropriate databases, accurately and within deadlines, perform data cleaning and data quality checks and work with other project staff to ensure data integrity
· Conduct regular data quality checks and routine data quality audits through on-site data verifications and report on them
· Work closely with service delivery teams to conduct Rapid Service Quality Assessments and Quality Improvement.
· Participate in surveys (household, socio-economic, demographic) or in small size surveys (LQAS,CSI)
· Track performance indicators and ensure adherence to M&E frameworks
· Collate training reports for the project
· Provide support to the routine running and improvement of the program, GOK AWP and to partners.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences (Demography, Population Studies, Sociology, Applied Statistics, Epidemiology, Health Systems Management, Health informatics);
· Diploma in Health Records and Information Science is an added advantage;
· Relevant experience in public health or in public health programs (reproductive health, family planning, HIV/AIDS, poverty, gender, youth);
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing large data bases;
· Experience in conducting field work, data collection, and statistical analysis;
· Technical and analytical capabilities and proven capacity building experience;
· Experience in implementation and dissemination of M&E frameworks;
· Facilitation, communication and coordination skills;
· Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations strongly preferred;
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment;
· Excellent spoken and written English required. Fluency in Swahili required;
· Ability to work independently, to pro-actively identify and address data issues and to meet strict deadlines
· Experience with computer-based statistical packages and databases (ACCESS, STATA, SPSS, Epi-Data, Epi-Info)
How to apply
Candidates who are interested and meet the above requirements should;
· Send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the position
· Send a detailed CV with contact details of at least three referees preferably supervisors
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please note, due to urgency to fulfill the positions, applications will be reviewed as they come in.
Closing date for receiving applications is 21st December, 2012.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
110 total views, 1 today