Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading Banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities.
With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan, Equity Bank is now home to more than 8 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
Equity Investment Bank (EIB)
Equity Investment Bank (EIB) — Offers strategic insight, in-depth analysis and creative solutions to support the growth and development of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and corporate clients through comprehensive advisory and financial services (corporate finance, asset management, wealth management and brokerage).
EIB is looking for dynamic and talented candidates to fill, the following roles:
1. Business Club Coordinator
Reporting to the Head of Investment Bank, the role holder will manage the development of all Equity Business Club activities in line with its business plans and entrepreneurial ethics with a view of attaining the overall vision and mission of Equity Bank.
· Manage and improve membership recruitment and business club activities.
· Develop a sustainable business club operating model; drive accountability, performance across all, the club activities.
· Manage and oversee training of countrywide staff and provide support to Equity Group subsidiaries in East Africa.
· Manage the budget by planning, forecasting and monitoring revenue and expenses for each branch.
· A minimum of three years experience in either business management or management consulting with significant impact, particularly engaging c-level management and senior executives.
· Bachelors degree in Business Management or related field from a recognized institution.
2. Business Advisors
The role holders will lead the development and implementation of advisory services to clients as outlined below and monitor growth and development of clients.
Program, project and process improvement, systems dynamics, kaizen methods and other methodologies, information/enterprise management.
Finance: Financial statement analysis, financial diagnosis and planning, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis and risk management. CPA and CFA certifications preferred.
Human Resources: Talent recruitment strategies, HR audits, employee incentive schemes, organizational restructuring, HR policy development and implementation.
Corporate Governance and legal: Accountability frameworks, conflict management, governance analysis, legal and Governance compliance.
Strategy: Business transformation, productivity and resource maximization, goal-setting and execution, Change management execution.
Brand development, market sizing and segmentation, sales management, customer experience and improvement and competition analysis.
· Develop and implement all advisory service solutions to clients, monitor and ensure clients implement recommendations.
· Keep up-to-date with area of specialization, oversee research studies, train staff and improve financial products and processes at EIB, and affiliate companies.
· A minimum of five years experience in one or more business areas as outlined in the positions above.
· At least three years additional experience in business or management consulting with significant impact, particularly engaging c-level management and senior executives.
· Bachelors degree in finance, business management or related field.
3. Senior Underwriter
Reporting to the Head of Investment Bank the role holder will assess, structure, underwrite, document, monitor, close debt and equity transactions; coordinate contract process particularly syndications, perform due diligence, prepare credit approval packages, develop and improve credit structures.
· Analyze financial transactions/statements, develop or review forecasts and models, identify credit risks and assign risk ratings
· Prepare credit approval documents, present (acts to credit and investment committees, including credit risk assessment and determine credit-worthiness of clients.
· Ensure compliance with all regulations and exercises awareness in regard to suspicious/fraudulent activities or money laundering.
· A minimum of five years experience in assessing, structuring, underwriting, documenting, monitoring and closing debt and equity transactions.
· Previous experience with multidisciplinary groups including lawyers, business development officers, appraisal firms, and financial sponsors, particularly engaging c-level management and senior executives.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, holders of MBA will have an added advantage.
4. Senior Legal Advisor
Reporting to the Head of Investment Bank, the role holder wilt be responsible for coordination of legal projects and activities relating to EIB and client services across the region.
· Manage provision of legal opinions, negotiations, drafting/reviewing of agreements and other legal documentation.
· Lead consultations and drafting of all types of contracts and agreements, but specifically those in respect of business relationships, consortia, alliances and joint ventures, initial public offering, mergers and acquisitions.
· Responsible for EIB compliance with internal governance standards, legislative and regulatory requirements, legal audits and claims against the EIB.
· Provide advisory services to SME and corporate clients to help overcome complex legal. business challenges.
· A minimum of eight years experience in a financial institution (Exposure in an investment bank, private equity firm, pension fund will be an added advantage).
· At least two years experience in business or management consulting with significant impact, particularly engaging c-level management and senior executives.
· Bachelor of laws (LLB) or similar professional qualification.
· Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
· Thorough knowledge of Nairobi Securities Exchange and Capital Markets Regulations is mandatory.
5. Project Manager / Quantity Surveyor
The role holder will be responsible for reviewing contracts, measurement and costs on construction projects.
He/She will be required to perform value engineering and management, feasibility studies, tendering, valuation, dispute resolution and project management.
· Provide advisory services to SME and corporate clients in handling complex business challenges (effect of site condition on budget, tendering procedure and contractual arrangements, preparation of tender documents and cost control).
· Provide financial advice to clients (develop bill of quantities, review budgets of building projects and project management such as effects of quality to the budget).
· Keep up-to-date with area of specialization, oversee research studies, train staff and improve financial products and processes at EIB and affiliate companies.
· A minimum of seven years experience in construction and / or a related field including preparing bill of quantities.
· At least five years of additional experience in business or management consulting with significant impact, particularly engaging c-level management and senior executives.
· Bachelor’s degree in architectural engineering, design, land or building economics or related field.
· Registered with the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors of the Republic of Kenya.
6. Business Analyst
The role holder will be responsible for improving the competitiveness and performance of SME and corporate clients.
He/She will support business advisors and is expected to apply a variety of tools, analysis, and research techniques to identify, diagnose and resolve complex business challenges faced by clients.
· Support Business Advisors to define clients’ needs and identify potential solutions using a variety of business analysis techniques such as process mapping and improvement, financial modeling and valuations, HR audits and performance management, market sizing, competitor analysis and risk analysis.
· Build business analysis toolkit and knowledge database, conduct, analyze and synthesize research to support clients.
· Minimum of five years experience in business or management consulting.
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, business management or related field.
All candidates must possess these key competencies:Excellent project management and problem solving skills, strong leadership and communications skills and must be computer proficient.
In addition, candidates must have an innovative and results-oriented attitude necessary to succeed in a dynamic environment If you meet the above requirements, submit your application quoting the job you are applying for by 15th October 2012.
Please include a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials.
All applications should be in soft and through the email indicated below.
Email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Equity Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
We value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and what they bring to the workplace
341 total views, 1 today