Marketing Manager Job in Nairobi
Position: Marketing Manager – Nairobi
Reports to: Sales Director
Our client is one of the largest steel and hardware stockholders and manufacturers in the country.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Strategizes, Plans, directs and coordinates the marketing of the organization’s products and to provide leadership & direction in the sales & marketing department.
- Formulate, develop and review sales & marketing policies, strategies and objectives in line with the organizational plans.
- Determine and manage the marketing budget
- Establish marketing goals to ensure share of market and profitability of products
- Develop and execute marketing plans and programs, both short and long term, to ensure profit growth and expansion of company products.
- Research, analyze and monitor financial, technological and demographic factors form capitalization of market opportunities and minimization of competitive activity effects.
- Plan and oversee the organization’s advertizing and promotion activities, including print, electronic and direct mail outlets.
- Communicate with outside advertising agencies on the on-going campaigns
- Work together with artists to oversee copywriting, design, layout, paste-up and production of promotional materials.
- Develop and recommend pricing strategy for the organization which will result in the greatest market share over the long run.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and share of market performance in relation to pre-set standards and to general and specific trends within the industry and economy.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results and that corrective action takes place to ensure that the achievement of marketing objectives is within designated budgets.
- Evaluate marketing reactions to advertising programs, merchandising policy and product packaging and formulation to ensure timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Recommend changes in basic structure and organization of marketing group to ensure effective fulfillment of objectives assigned to it and provide the flexibility to move swiftly in relation to marketing problems and opportunities.
- Branding and brand management.
- Conduct market surveys on current and new product concepts.
- Manage sales and marketing staff so as to effectively recruit, mentor, train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities.
- Identify training needs of the sales and marketing staff for staff development and succession planning.
- Select products to be displayed at trade or special production shows.
- Coordinate and participate in promotional activities and trade shows, working with developers, advertisers and production managers, to market the company’s products.
- Conduct economic and commercial surveys to identify potential markets for products.
- Conduct customers satisfaction surveys regularly to determine their satisfaction level and come up with corrective actions on any anomalies noted.
- Maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of all relevant ICT and other systems within the sales and marketing function.
Education & Experience
- University Degree in Marketing or its Equivalent.
- Masters Degree or equivalent professional qualification is an added knowledge.
- ICT knowledge
- At least 10 Years, relevant product and industry knowledge
- Possess a demonstrated ability in strategy formulation, excellent public relations and communication skills, team player with excellent managerial, organizational and interpersonal skills,
- formal presentation skills, persuasiveness, decision making, honest & reliable, negotiation skills,
- problem analysis and problem solving abilities, innovation,
- analytical and data interpretation skills,
- ability to meet sales targets and willingness to travel
To apply for this position send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position in the subject line and preferred location.
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
24 total views, 1 today