Marketing Associate Hot Jobs in Kenya
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Mobius is an early stage social business working to enable mobility across Africa by transforming its automotive market.
We recognise that appropriate transport is a key enabler to socio-economic development in deprived communities across the developing world and aim to unlock this vast potential by designing, manufacturing and selling a new vehicle for Africa, starting in Kenya.
We are always looking for exceptional individuals who share our vision and possess the skills and attitude necessary to make a valuable contribution to our work in Africa.
If you are qualified and interested in joining our team, please apply online at www.mobiusmotors.com/join-us.
We are seeking a minimum two year commitment from an exceptional early career marketing professional to lead marketing strategy, research, campaigns and product launches to ultimately create the foundation of a future international automotive brand – a truly unique opportunity to create impact on a global scale.
The role will require a close working relationship with the venture’s CEO, Automotive Designer, Automotive Engineer, Cost Engineer and future production and strategy teams as well as various international vendors.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver primary and secondary research that helps define market assumptions and consumer behaviours/profiles; research sources may include consumer surveys, focus groups, the internet, industry experts, market intelligence companies and internal knowledge.
- Develop complete understanding of the factors that go into the revenue and cost side of the business opportunity and provide recommendations to maximise revenue.
- Collaborate with leadership and future strategy teams to develop and maintain product category SWOT analyses; identify market trends, develop and prioritise a profitable product plan to meet consumer needs.
- Facilitate future-focused product ideation sessions and capture output for continuous design exploration; develop longer term product category/mix roadmaps based on deep and broad consumer profiling.
- Interface with cross-functional teams and outside agencies to develop and lead product go to- market strategy and plan.
- Create data-driven, dynamic, ‘voice-of-the-customer’ marketing strategies and tests that deliver against Return on Investment (ROI) targets through a segmented customer base across marketing channels.
- Ensure consistent brand messaging across TV, print, radio, digital and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc) marketing channels.
- Collaborate with leadership and external agencies to develop key messaging and specific advertising copy/design/packaging for campaigns across marketing channels; including detailed associated budgets.
- Facilitate legal review of all advertising copy before launch.
- Execute local sales and marketing initiatives and develop plans to implement new innovative sales and marketing initiatives.
- Contribute to comprehensive testing matrix that accurately assesses delivery and performance of each marketing campaign on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain and ensure high levels of data hygiene and integrity with fast-growing, high-volume data capture from market.
- Manage a future sales team to maintain strong relationships with key strategic customers such as large NGOs, government buyers and high potential individual entrepreneurs.
- Act as a liaison for all external media enquiries or articles, working with the CEO when necessary to facilitate interviews or other content.
- Take ownership of projects; plan milestones, timelines, budgets, resources and identify potential risks to deliver supply chain aspects within agreed completion dates.
- Be proactive regarding task completion and periodically advise wider team on project status, timing, resources, issues, and ability to deliver on-time with excellence.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to general automotive industry marketing standards and best practices; maintain structured and versioned data outputs daily and backup data weekly.
- Work as an active member of the team, ensure effective communication between colleagues and positively contribute regularly to meetings and briefings.
An ideal candidate should combine outstanding technical skills in marketing with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
They should possess a strong skill set in creative and strategic thinking along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and take initiative regularly. They should be rigorous, pragmatic and on the-ground solution focussed – not overly academic.
- Bachelors Degree (minimum) in Business, Marketing, Sales, Advertising, Communications, Economics or similar
- 3.4 GPA or higher from a top university worldwide
- 1-2 years related experience in marketing, advertising or branding
- Ability to strategically plan and lead teams of international and local Kenyan staff through to executional success
- Ability to lead cross-functionally; coordinating, leading and communicating information clearly
- Results-driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around metrics, specifically A/B testing and ROI analysis
- Exceptional attention to detail and high quality deliverable outputs
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and systems quickly, and express them in simple ways
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and to remain graceful under pressure
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make sense of multiple data sources that may sometimes be contradictory in nature
- High degree of resourcefulness; looking beyond the normal channels of information to dig out data necessary to understand the market potential of the opportunity
- Ability to effectively communicate timelines and project progress with both internal and external management teams
- Ability to take ownership and accountability of project timeline and results
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with ability to create compelling and effective marketing materials and designs
- Proficiency in Excel, Project, Power Point and Word
- Exceptional written communication skills and with experience is writing compelling messages to a consumer demographic
- Strong presentations skills, including excellent oral communication skills
- High sense of drive and urgency in achieving our vision
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team
- Extreme patience and a good sense of humour
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail, structured thinker, goal-oriented, flexible and able to deal well with setbacks
- Comfort with extensive travel throughout Kenya and longer term throughout East Africa
- Masters degree (or higher) in Business Administration (MBA), Marketing, Sales, Advertising or similar
- 3-5 years related experience in marketing, advertising or branding
- Passion for the automotive industry and social enterprise in Africa
- Fluency in Kiswahili (the national language of Kenya)
41 total views, 1 today