MNET seek to appoint a dynamic and energetic individual as the MARKET RESEARCH AND INTELLIGENCE ANALYST to monitor its activities in Kenya and East Africa. This position is responsible for researching, compiling, analyzing, reporting and leveraging data and other audience measurement information to deliver prescriptive insights that drive audience and business development for MNET channels and local productions.
The successful candidate will. have a thorough understanding of the African television market and a proven track record in audience research.
- Develop and be responsible for the market research programme (and budget) for M-Net in East Africa including but not limited to the brand health and image tracking surveys ¡n collaboration with the West Africa team.
- Implement and be responsible for all. research requirements (includes questionnaire and sample design; supplier selection, project management and data analysis).
- Promote the MNET brands and build value based on customer feedback
- Interpretation of results and ability to provide to management strategic insight of African markets.
- Provide input on the performance of channels and M-Net local productions in East Africa
- Tracking and reporting channel performances
- Compiling market overviews and competitive analysis
- Media trends monitoring and reporting
- Providing input into marketing and creative campaigns and strategies
- Working closely with the programming and scheduling departments to provide feedback
- Working closely with the DStv Media Sales departments to develop sponsorship and increase ad revenue
- Develop a clear understanding of the audience needs and communicate it to necessary departments
- Implement and manage all research undertakings (qualitative/quantitative and primary/secondary) across Kenya and East Africa
- Anticipate and respond to demand for information from internal customers
- Good presentation skills with the ability to turn numbers into compelling visual arguments.
- Develop distribution formats for reporting
- Highlight trends in television viewing and creative ways to reach audiences
- Conduct Social Media Measurement Tracker of the Africa Magic family of channels and M-Net local productions.
- Develop and manage partnerships with research industry suppliers and experts
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders across companies within the Group.
- Energetic, entrepreneurial. attitude: someone full of ideas and suggestions
- Confident self-starter who does not require micro-management
- Ability to respond to the needs of a busy department – ability to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent Analytical. skills
- High level of comfort with details and complex quantitative data
- Ability to look beyond the numbers and tell a coherent and compelling story
- Ability to identify and spot emerging trends in the market and globally
- Passion for the television market and the launching and running of channels
- Understanding of program scheduling, advertising sales, and marketing campaigns
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- A degree in a (BCom, BScience Marketing) with Marketing/Research focus.
- 5+ years ¡n the media research field with television or at a media agency.
- Understanding of international TV ratings
- International. research experience
- Advanced MS skills
- Understanding of audience measurements
- Experience managing external research vendors
Applicants should submit their CV to email address: [email protected] marked “Market Research and Intelligence Analyst” on the subject line.
Closing date: 20th April 2012