Manager Finance and Control Urgent Job
Job Title: Manager Finance and Control
Reference MFC _2012
Recruiter: Altima Africa Ltd
Location: Nairobi Available: ASAP
Our Client, an NGO that invests in innovative entrepreneurship projects and social programs, working with local communities to invest in development of various entrepreneurial initiatives aimed at improving agricultural value chains, seeks to recruit a Manager Finance and Control responsible for accurate and efficient administrative organisation, financial accounts and financial reporting of the NGO in Africa and the subsidiary companies of the NGO located in the NGO’s program areas.
He/she will contribute to business, program and policy development by providing linkages between financial and corporate/programmatic matters and has a proactive role in the legal and organizational setup and management of the NGO’s subsidiaries.
He/she is responsible for a strategic approach to HR for the NGO in Africa, in close collaboration with the international HR Officer.
The Manager Finance and Control will manage the Finance and Operations department in the Regional Office and provide advice and support to the Program Offices in Kenya and Tanzania.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or related field and an MBA in Finance or a related field.
- Appropriate qualifications in finance, accounting or related field such as CPA, ACCA, CFA, or CFP.
- At least 8 years’ experience in finance management in a Commercial setup.
Job Specification- Manager Finance and Control
- Ensure and assure the administrative organisation of the NGO and its subsidiaries in Africa is up to standard and in line with the NGO’s corporate guidelines.
- Ensure the financial accounts of the in Africa are accurate NGO and its subsidiaries and in line with the NGO’s corporate guidelines;
- Ensure financial reporting of NGO and its subsidiaries is accurate and timely;
- Advise and assists budget holders in the preparation of annual budgets of the NGO and its subsidiaries in Africa;
- Will be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the NGO Africa annual budgets;
- Monitor and ensure the financial viability and performance of each company/program/operation in accordance with approved budgets.
- Support the development of new business initiatives by developing the financial paragraph and legal structures of business cases, based on strong financial analysis;
- Act as the interim finance manager of newly set up subsidiaries, responsible for developing adequate finance and control systems and set-up and recruitment of the finance department at the subsidiaries;
- Build and maintain relationships with (potential) investors and contributes to the positioning of the NGO as a reliable partner in (social) business.
Reporting and Controls
- Implement and maintain financial and information system policies, procedures, standards and guidelines to provide strong internal control and ensure compliance with the NGO policies and regulatory requirements within the NGO and its subsidiaries in Africa;
- Analyse financial data and provides relevant financial and managerial information to the NGO Africa’s Program Management and Regional Management Team, the management of the NGO’s subsidiaries in Africa and the International Office of the NGO in the Netherlands;
- Prepare and facilitates internal and external audits within the NGO Africa and the NGO’s subsidiaries in Africa and will regularly perform audits at the NGO Africa’s main partner organisations, based on the NGO corporate guidelines;
- Provide audited financial statements of the NGO and its subsidiaries in Africa as part of the NGO’s annual financial statements.
- Develop and implements the HR policy for the NGO I Africa, in close collaboration with the HR Officer at the NGO Netherlands Office.
Management and Staff supervision
- Analyse staff development needs in the area of financial management and controls and strengthens financial management competencies in the NGO Africa;
- Is a member of the Regional Management team of the NGO Africa, and acts as a sparring partner for the other RMT members with regard to strategy, policies and management
- Actively lead the Finance and Operations department and plans tasks and priorities together with staff involved;
- Lead and coaches staff in the Finance and Operations department at the Regional Office of the NGO
- Monitor Africa and the NGO’ subsidiaries in Africa with regard to their effectiveness, individual qualities, motivation and professional development.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities at a given time
- Results orientation
- Prioritizing and decision making skills
- A strategic mindset and approach to issues
- Ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, partners and vendors.
- Proactive and result-oriented.
- Commitment to and understanding of the NGO’s aims, values and principles.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visitwww.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm, 21st November 2012.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
41 total views, 1 today