M-KOPA Recruits System Administrator Vacancy in Nairobi
M-KOPA is a mobile technology company that uses mobile payments to offer consumer financing for energy products and services, targeted at off-grid users.
The M-KOPA payment system uses mobile payments as a way to pay slowly for renewable energy for a range of applications such as solar lighting or mobile charging.
M-KOPA is seeking a skilled and motivated System Administrator to help manage the growing M-KOPA network.
M-KOPA was founded in 2011 following a successful commercial pilot using mobile services to collect payments for use of energy. The company’s first scaled commercial application is off-grid solar power systems, undergoing commercial roll-out across Kenya from May 2012.
M-KOPA was incubated by Signal Point Partners (www.signalpointpartners.com).
The partners and management team of M-KOPA include several former executives responsible for the initiation and scaling of M-PESA, the award-winning mobile financial service platform in Kenya. M-KOPA has strong international investors to help scale its business.
Title: System Administrator
Role: Managing the M-KOPA network and ensuring all network hardware and software assets and computers are running optimally
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: September 2012
Reporting to: Head of Technology
- Manage M-KOPA’s Windows based network, both in terms of software configuration and hardware maintenance
- Manage all of M-KOPA’s Linux and Windows servers
- Support all M-KOPA end users with Windows, Macintosh, Office and other common applications
- Work to ensure the M-KOPA internet service has minimal downtime by improving and managing the operation and configuration of the failover link
- Determine hardware and infrastructure requirements for M-KOPA and create configuration plans and solutions to support the requirements
- Identification and procurement of hardware required for IT
Skills & Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Server Administration including Active Directory, DHCP, printer management, user share management and other related services.
- End User Support – Ability to install, troubleshoot and repair Laptop, Desktop, Server and Printer hardware and software. This will include Windows, Linux and Apple OS based machines.
- Experience assisting with the installation, configuration and cabling of Routers, Switches, Hubs and Firewalls
- Experience supporting VPN clients.
- Experience troubleshooting end user network connectivity issues.
- Technical Understanding of network protocols and services including (TCP/IP, FTP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP etc). Should have experience troubleshooting LAN, WAN and WLAN issues.
- Experience dealing with security issues (malware/virus cleaning, hardware hardening etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate and work closely with M-KOPA staff to determine needs and assist with systems requirements.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Skills
Contacts: Please send a cover letter outlining your interest in this role and a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15th, 2012.
41 total views, 2 today