Logistics Manager NGO Job in Garissa
To support the development of its programmes in Nairobi and Garissa County, Tdh is encouraging applications from Kenyan nationals for the role of Logistics Manager based in Garissa County.
Reporting to: Kenya Logistics Manager
Main task and responsibilities:
- Supervise the national logistics team in Garissa County
- Provide technical support to the logistics team in Garissa County
- Explore possibilities for set up of additional satellite offices in project sites (Garissa, Modogashe, Shanta Abaq divisions plus potentially Benane division in case of project activities expansion)
- Support the Admin/Finance Officer in the set-up of the base in Garissa County, if needed.
- Responsible for office/guest houses maintenance (water, electricity, generator, painting, etc.) for all Tdh premises in Garissa County.
- Responsible for the equipment maintenance (computers, printers, photocopiers, fridges, generators, etc.) in Garissa County.
- Provide punctual support to programme activities through provision of needed supplies and equipment, performance of maintenance in the projects’ facilities, and other logistics needs arising during implementation
- Responsible for the correct implementation of Tdh procurement procedures and supplies chain and respect of donors’ requirements for purchases at Garissa County level.
- In coordination with the Programme staff and Logistics Manager, Kenya, forecast purchases and material delivery (for office and project sites’ needs).
- Responsible for coordination of transport of all supplies and equipment to and from site in Garissa County.
- Stipulate & manage contracts for vehicles and all other logistical services, in close collaboration with the Logistics Manager, Kenya and the Admin/Finance Officer, in line with Tdh procedures.
- Through regular call for bids/quotations, redefine the relations between Tdh and vehicle owners, suppliers, etc. in Garissa County.
- Responsible for contracts management (call of tender, vehicles, service contracts or miscellaneous rental).
- Responsible for the correct implementation of Tdh fleet management procedures in Garissa County.
- Responsible for vehicle fleet maintenance. Ensure good state/performance of all vehicles at all time in Garissa County.
- Responsible with the Logistics Manager, Kenya for monitoring all vehicle movements in Garissa County in terms of access and safety.
- Responsible for functioning of Tdh internal and external communications network and equipment (VHF radios, HF radios, mobile phones, Inmarsat phones, Internet service, ) in Garissa County.
- Coordinate with UN agencies and/or other humanitarian organisations for programming radios and/or to get a registration into the UN/INGO shared system in Garissa County.
- Responsible for the correct implementation of Tdh stock management procedures and respect of donors’ requirements in Garissa County.
- Ensure a monthly based physical inventory in Tdh premises in Garissa County.
- In collaboration with the Logistics Manager, Kenya, attend interagency and security meetings as per field agenda.
- Follow-up on daily basis on the respect of the security measures and processes (Cf. security plan) to the national and international staff in Garissa County.
- Provide accurate security briefing for all national staff in Garissa County, in the absence of the Logistics Manager, Kenya.
- Assist in providing security training that is regularly undertaken and enforced to maintain a safe and secure working environment as possible for Tdh staff and projects.
- Ensure watchmen for Tdh compounds/premises perform according to Tdh guidelines/instructions and have appropriate equipment in Garissa County.
- Collect security information through networking with a variety of sources, report them to the Logistics Manager, Kenya and Field Coordinator and share with other staff members as appropriate.
- Raise awareness on the respect of communication procedures and provides expatriate and inpatriate staff with appropriate and well-functioning equipment in order for them be reached at all times in Garissa County.
- Draft logistics staff job descriptions and ensure adherence with the Tdh local needs and Tdh procedures in Garissa County.
- Participate in the recruitment of national logistics staff, following Tdh and local procedures for Garissa County.
- Supervise directly or indirectly (day to day activities, working hours, presence planning…) and evaluate logistics staff, encouraging effective team work and providing supervision and guidance in Garissa County.
- Train logistics staff, including drivers, on Tdh logistics and security rules and procedures and on use of communication equipment in Garissa County.
- Coordinate with the Logistics Manager, Kenya for the supervision and assessment of logistics staff based in Garissa County.
- Logistics & procurement Diploma, or other areas related technically to Humanitarian Logistics
- 3 to 5 years of experience within an International NGO
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in insecure environments
- Extensive experience in logistics and/or security management and procedures
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience highly desirable
- Demonstrate ability to use Windows computer software and use of spreadsheets
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Tdh
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action
- Ability to drive with a valid driving permit
Closing date for this positions is on or before 31st July 2012, 5.00 PM
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
136 total views, 1 today