Logistics Assistant Wanted
People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international Humanitarian organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is present in Dadaab refugee camps since 2007 through its development department. In response to the recent and massive influx of refugees, Handicap International’s Emergency Response Department has launched in August 2011 a holistic approach called Disability and Vulnerability Focal Point (DVFP) to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable newly arrived refugees.
The strategy of these DVFPs is to identify most vulnerable persons and enhance their access to essential basic and specific services through different mechanisms as well as through direct services’ provision.
Handicap International is also currently launching a new activity to respond to the needs of people suffering from ARI (Acute Respiratory Infections) especially amongst malnourished children.
After a period of suspension of most of our activities due to the degradation of the security context, we are now resuming our emergency activities with new modalities.
Global Objective Of The Position
Based in Nairobi, you will locally assure the purchase of material in accordance with all HI purchase procedures. As an assistant support logistician, you will organize, centralize and file all the procurements files and ensure an efficient following of the items till the delivery. You will also support the Nairobi logistician in his entire routines job, including the Nairobi base management.
1. Purchasing follow-up
- With the support of Capital Logistician, process requests received from the program through quotation requests, supplier identification and purchasing in respect to Handicap international procurement procedures
- Ensure adequate information is available from the program and relayed accordingly to suppliers for the purposes of quoting and supply
- Participate in negotiation process for best value of money in consideration to acceptable price, Quality, delivery periods and payment terms
- Ensure that all the purchase requests are duly validated before final purchase process
- Follow-up with suppliers on deliveries in line with the delay period required
- Ensure goods delivered conforms to the defined quality and quantities through physical inspection on reception for all material purchased in Nairobi
- Keeps an updated inventory of the material purchased and awaiting transport request from the Program at Nairobi level
- Under the supervision of the capital logistician, plan and organise transportation of material upon request by the program team
- Assists the Capital Logistician to identify suitable and the best transport service providers
- Ensure goods are well packed for transportation with acceptable weight limits and labelling
- Ensure all transport documents ( Packing lists, waybill, customs documents) are well prepared
- Supervising the loading whenever goods are despatched
- Ensure the adequate filling of purchases files in sequence and due validations by signature including dates on all documents.
- Maintain well organized records of the orders according to the HI purchase procedures.
- Ensure that suppliers are paid on time and copies of payment kept on file
- Submit to the Capital logistician the Purchase Service request (PSR) follow-up on weekly basis
- Submit to the capital logistician movement follow-up on daily update
- Follow the equipment list and lending process.
- To perform any other duty as may be delegated through the Capital Logistician or Logistics Coordinator
Line manager: Capital Logistician
Line manager+1: Logistics coordinator
- Admin department
- Logistic team in Dadaab
- Logistic diploma
- English and Swahili
- Somali is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in supply chain management or logistics
- Good practice of excel and word
- High attention to details
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to work under short deadlines / high pressure
- Adaptable and flexible
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV indicating your salary history and 3 referees with their current contacts by email to :- firstname.lastname@example.org .
The email subject line should be marked: “Application for position of Logistics Assistant”
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted.
28 total views, 1 today