Logistics Assistant Vacancy in Mombasa Kenya (February 2012)
Position Title: Logistics Assistant
Classification: Grade G5/01 at 50% work time
Duty Station: Mombasa, Kenya
Type of Appointment: 6 months – Special Short Term contract with possibility of extension
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission for Somalia (a.i.) and under the direct supervision of the MAPS Project Manager, under the technical supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer in Nairobi and in close coordination with the MAPS Logistics Consultant, the Logistics Assistant will be responsible for monitoring, reporting and advising local contractors on all aspects relating to the import and export of the Sorghum.
This will include but is not limited to arrears relating to the arrival of the vessel from the US, warehousing and exporting to Mogadishu.
The Logistics Assistant will be based in Mombasa at IOM’s Clearing and Forwarding Agent’s premises and will be the principal monitor of shipping activities, with the overall responsibility of ensuring that the Sorghum is received, handled, and forwarded in the most efficient manner possible, with minimal losses at each stage of the process.
- Support the Logistics Consultant in respect to all aspects of receiving, storing, and trans shipping IOM’s FFP commodities at the port of Mombasa.
- Monitor and report on all vessel discharges in the port of Mombasa.
- Monitor receipt and warehousing of the sorghum in Mombasa.
- Report on any and all losses of the sorghum in Mombasa.
- Monitor and report on commodity storage and perform weekly checks on inventory and potential infestation issues.
- Monitor and report on all dispatches from Mombasa to Mogadishu.
- Maintain files on all receipts, losses and dispatches, and ensure that copies are sent to the Finance Assistant for Commodity Accounting in Nairobi.
- Liaise with IOM’s appointed clearing and forwarding agent and surveyor to insure timely commodity receipts and dispatches.
- Maintain close communication with Nairobi and Mogadishu staff to ensure information is disseminated in a clear, accurate and professional manner.
- Keep track of program related expenses in Mombasa and submit timely claims to the Senior Finance Assistant in Nairobi.
- Perform other duties as maybe assigned from time to time.
How to apply:
Mode of Application:
Submit Cover Letter and CV including daytime telephone and email address to:
International Organization for Migration (IOM),
Human Resources Department,
PO Box 55040-00200 Nairobi
or send by email to email@example.com
Closing Date: 08th February 2012
- WHO job vacancies in Mogadishu 2012
- logistics jobs in kenya 2012
- shipping jobs in kenya 2012
- sahspa job vacancies in Mogadishu on2012
- mombasa port transportation jobs
- logistics vacancy ngo nairobi 2012
- Logistics vacancy in somalia in 2012
- LOGISTICS VACANCIES JOBS MARCH 2012 KENYA
- logistics officer jobs in somaliland and mogadisho feb 2012
- security and logistics job in kenya
- shipping & logistic jobs in mombasa 2012
- shipping and logistic jobs in mombasa 2012
- transportation jobs in mombasa kenya
- unsoa finance assistant
- unsoa mombasa warehouse assistant staff
- unsoa vacancies kenya
- unsoa warehouse assistant
- vacancies Logistic manager jobs in kenya 2012
- vacancy in embassies in kenya 2012
- logistics job vacancies in mombasa
- logistics assistant kenya
- iom kenya vacance of logistics assistant 2012
- graduate trainee jobs in mombasa kenya 2012
- graduate management trainees job in mombasa 2012
- FEBRUARY 2012 TRAINEE ENGINEER VACANCIES KENYA
- Engineer Job Vacancies mombasa 2012
- current jobs in kenya 2012 with port logistics
- assistant project engineer 2012
- 2012 graduate jobs in mombasa
- iom logistics assistant mombasa
- job vacancies in mogadishu on 2012
- logistician job in somaliland feb 2012?
- logistic assistant positions UN 2012
- loggistics vacancy kenya
- latest NGO assistant logistics vacancies in Kenya
- Latest job vacancies in mombasa kenya 2012
- kenyan logistics jobs
- job vancancies in mombasa in accountancy and finance 2012
- job vacancy in mombasa 2012
- 2012 clearing and warehousing jobs in kenya
54 total views, 1 today