Closing date: 7th September,2011
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international Humanitarian organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster.
Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Based in Nairobi, you will locally assure the purchase of material in accordance with all HI purchase procedures. As an assistant support logistician, you will organize, centralize and file all the procurements files and ensure an efficient following of the items till the delivery.
You will also support the Nairobi logistician in all his routine jobs, including the Nairobi base management.
- Line manager: Capital Logistician
- Line manager+1: Logistic coordinator
1. To purchase items needed by the programs or the logistic department
- Purchase items needed by the program and to respect Handicap international procurement procedures.
- Identify suppliers, and collect quotations, according to purchase services requests
- Ensure all the needed information are identified on the quotations
- Negotiate the price, delivery time and others terms with suppliers
- To give all necessary information on suppliers, items, to the logistician
- Ensure the adequate filling of purchases files: signatures, presence and validity of the documents.
- Maintain well organized records of the orders according to the HI purchase procedures.
- Plan the request in advance for all stock material needs in offices and accommodations.
- Keeps awake of the security situation in the area of activity of the mission and the region in which it is located and transmits this information to his hierarchic superiors.
- Report any incident inside or outside the base to his immediate superior.
Education: Logistic diploma
- Previous experience as an Assistant logistic
- NGO experience an asset
- Fluent English
- Good practice of excel and word
- High attention to details
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to work under short deadlines / high pressure
- Adaptable and flexible
CV indicating your salary history and including 3 (three) referees with their current
contacts by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Logistics Assistant – NBI position”
For all positions please do not send your academic and other testimonials they will be requested at a later stage.
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted.
Any kind of lobbying on behalf of applicants or canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
It has come to our attention that there are some fraudulent advertisements circulating on behalf of Handicap International. Be fully aware that Handicap International Does Not request for any fees from applicants during the application and/or induction process. Any occurrence of this kind is to be reported without delay to email@example.com for further action.
Handicap International is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply