Logistician Job Vacancy in Garissa Kenya 2011
Magna is seeking to recruit a:
Job title: Logistician
Place in the organisation: Directly under Field project Coordinator
Job Location: Garissa
Job Type: Field
Job Duration: 9 months (possible extension)
Language(s): English, Swahili, Somali
Description of context:
Magna Children at Risk is international humanitarian organization whose objective is to provide medical aid to populations in crisis.
The organization Magna Children at Risk organises humanitarian and developmental projects to help people in need, whether through poverty, disease, war, or ecological disaster and regardless of ethnicity, religion or nationality.
Magna is independent of all states and institutions, as well as of all political, economic or religious influences. Magna ran projects in 6 countries using over 300 international and national staff.
- Responsible for the daily use and update of the logistic software and the continuous follow-up of the inventories of the project.
- Responsible for supply, reception and dispatch of materials according to established guidelines.
- Responsible for the management of the warehouse according to Magna standards.
- Responsible for the logistic part of the cold chain as outlined in the “Cold chain procedures” document (from Magna guidelines)
- Responsible for daily contact with transport companies for the accurate dispatch and arrival of materials.
- Responsible for the daily coordination with the logistic team on priorities, internal movements and any other delegated tasks
- Responsible for planning and sharing with admin assistant the weekly and monthly expenses, according to established guidelines and to share this with Log/admin.
- Responsible for the follow-up of cars and maintenance, supervision of drivers according to established guidelines.
- Co- responsible for the installation and maintenance of office support equipment e.g. computers, printers, photocopiers etc, under supervision of the Logistics Coordinator.
- Will advice on any issues related to security.
- Provide logistical support to the projects as required under direction of the Log/Admin and with the support of the logistics team.
- Provide logistical support to emergency interventions, including travel at short notice to work on emergency interventions. Assist in the set up of new projects and fill short term gaps in logistical positions in the projects as required
- Cover the main functions of the Admin Assist in his/her absence ensuring that the standard activities are proceeding as normal
- Will be flexible regarding job tasks and show flexibility in terms of new task being delegated.
- Lines of communication on supply
- As outlined in the supply guideline and the flowchart.
- Fluent in English and Swahili, Somali
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Literate with basic Microsoft applications (word, excel)
- Commitment to learn and understand the Magna supply chain and Logistics programs
- Methodological and able to implement and follow-up the stock management.
- Minimum knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles.
- Knowledge and commitment to the Magna values.
- Driver license
- Knowledge and expertise assumed from other international/local NGO
- Coaching skills
- Knowledge or interest in water and sanitation issues
Position to be filled: ASAP
Apply to: [email protected]
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
28 total views, 1 today