Latest Program Nurse – Counselor Job in Kisumu Kenya
Program description: This program is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention whose remit is to conduct research in malaria, HIV and other diseases.
There is currently a vacancy in the HIVR Branch Prevention Section.
Position: Nurse – Counselor
- Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution. Certificate in Counseling will be an added advantage
- Registered Nursing Officer with a Kenya Registered Nurse certificate additionally, must have training in HIV counseling and testing including DTC or VCT or DCT.
- Minimum one year working experience.
- Proficiency in written and verbal English. Fluency in Kiswahili and Dholuo will be an added advantage
The Nurse will report to the Study Coordinator and Medical Officer, while working closely with the field staff, pharmacy staff and laboratory staff.
The nurse will recruit participants into the study, guide participants smoothly through study procedures, assist in proper follow-up of participants, and ensure the accuracy of data collected for the study.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Nurse’s responsibilities shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Inform potential participants about the research study.
- Guide participants through the consent process.
- Interview participants using a standardized questionnaire.
- Conduct counseling and testing of study participants.
- Assist in proper follow-up of participants.
- Ensure privacy and confidentiality of all participants.
- Perform nursing procedures as appropriate to the specific needs of the study and study participants.
Terms of Employment:
Contract for 1 year, renewable as per KEMRI scheme of service.
Probation period for the first 3 months.
Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus supplemental amounts.
Applications should include the following:
- Application letter (indicating vacancy number)
- 3 letters of reference
- Current Resume or CV, with names and contact information (telephone and e-mail address)
- Copies of Certificates and transcripts
Applications are due no later than date: 27th May 2012
Human Resource Manager,
P.O. Box 1578, Kisumu.
Or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or log into our web www.jobs.cdckemri.org
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position are strongly advised to access an internal candidate application form available in the CDC Intranet; print and process it through the project Managers and attach it before forwarding application to HR.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
50 total views, 1 today