Latest NGO Job Vacancies in Kenya – DRC
The Danish Refugee Council has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa region since 1997.
The DRC Kenya Program seeks to fill the following positions.
1. Livelihoods Coordinator (based in Dadaab)
The Livelihoods Coordinator will lead, supervise and facilitate the smooth running of livelihood activities in the DRC Dadaab Program. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide technical direction, leadership and training to the livelihoods team on income generation, group savings and loans, revolving funds, vocational skills training and strengthening of small scale businesses for beneficiaries to enhance livelihood security.
- Design and coordinate market assessments, conduct feasibility studies and supervise the smooth start up and running of selected projects
- Propose objectives, elaborate work plans and formulate monitoring and evaluation plans for the livelihoods activities
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Community Development or other related field.;
- Minimum 5-years’ working experience with INGOs in the fields of livelihoods at management level with at least 2-years’ experience engaging with refugees, asylumseekers, migrants and/or other vulnerable populations in economic strengthening interventions.
- Excellent command of the most common methodologies to identify, assess and monitor livelihood activities, with proven record of achievements.
- Experience with Household Economy Approach (HEA) will be an added advantage.
2. Safety Manager (Based in Dadaab)
The Safety Manager (SM) will manage the development and implementation of the DRC Risk Management System (RMS) in order to support the safe and efficient delivery of programme activities within Kenya.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting regular Safety Risk Assessments (SRA) for each programme area pursuant to DRC Safety Policy and based on the SRA, advice programmes on mitigation measures.
- Ensure that Kenya program is compliant with the DRC global Minimum Operating Security Standards and that all areas have updated Local Safety Rules
- Ensure each programme area has appropriate Standard Operating Procedures; monitor compliance with SOPs and facilitate development of context-specific contingency plans
- Conduct – or facilitate the delivery of – safety training for staff in accordance with the SOPs governing access control
- Must possess at least 3 years’ experience working with NGOs and/or other international agencies in North Eastern Province in a management and/or supervisory role.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Kiswahili, proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines are highly desirable.
- A stable, moral and robust character, good team-player with a good sense of humor and a proven commitment to accountability practices will be crucial to this position.
- Emergency First Aid qualification (within the last year) will be an added advantage.
- Training in safety, fire and evacuation procedures
- Training in safety and disaster management
- Fluent in written and spoken Somali
- NGO/UN Security Management experience
- Military/Police experience (only those with officer-level rank should apply)
3. Livelihood Officers (2 Positions based in Dadaab)
The Livelihood Officers will provide direct supervision and facilitate implementation of the DRC livelihood programme including group savings and loan activities in the local communities living around and within the Dadaab Refugee camps.
These positions will require extensive travel to project sites located in Dadaab, Lagdera and Fafi Districts of North Eastern Province.
Key responsibilities include:
- Carry out participatory needs assessments, identify appropriate livelihood interventions to increase incomes for the local community and reduce poverty in the target areas
- Implement relevant Group Savings and Loaning (GS&L) activities in local communities with emphasis on promoting group development through support, coaching, mentoring, regular feedback and identification of investment needs and opportunities.
- Train loan clients on business management skills, counseling, initiating direct and spearheading the marketing of client products to other external markets
- Must posses a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Entrepreneurship or Community Development with a minimum 2 years’ experience working in livelihoods or income generating projects preferably with an NGO in a refugee/IDP setting.
- A keen understanding of business and development issues including GS&L approaches with skills or training in basic book keeping or administration is crucial to this position.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks while working as part of a team, good planning and organizational skills coupled with problem solving capabilities, hands-on community mobilization skills, a strong selfstarter with ability to take initiative are highly desirable for this position.
Please note that the above positions are on a 1-year contract with possibility of extension.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation and qualification and a CV.
CVs longer than 4-pages will not be considered.
CVs should include contact details of three professional referees.
One referee must be the applicant’s most recent manager.
Applications should be sent to: [email protected] and have the subject heading of the position that is being applied for.
Deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday 2nd January 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
136 total views, 1 today