Latest ACTED NGO Evaluator Job Vacancies in Kenya
ACTED is seeking an experienced evaluator to assess its emergency food security and livelihoods project in South Somalia implemented in partnership with the Social-Life and Agricultural Development Organisation (SADO) and funded by the European Commission for Humanitarian Aid & Civil Protection (ECHO).
1. To evaluate the extent to which the project responded to the needs of the target beneficiaries, including timeliness and appropriateness of the ACTED/SADO methodology;
2. To assesses the extent to which the project contributed to preventing vulnerable drought affected communities food security situation from deteriorating to famine levels;
3. To identify lessons learnt and recommend key areas future programming among the target communities.
1. Evaluation methodology and implementation plan;
2. Final evaluation report and recommendations;
3. Presentation of key evaluation findings to ACTED and SADO (in Nairobi).
•Advanced degree in evaluation science, humanitarian studies, agriculture/ rural livelihoods, or other related field;
•Minimum of 3 years of experience evaluating humanitarian programs implemented by
international aid organisations;
•Strong experience in relevant evaluation methods;
•Some experience in substantive areas related to the project (i.e. emergency food security);
•Ability and willingness to travel to South Somalia, which is an unstable area with security concerns;
•Fluency in written and spoken English is essential and spoken Somali is essential;
•Experience conducting evaluations and/or project implementation in Somalia a plus.
Interested parties should send the bid application which must include:
1. CV and evaluation firm profile (if affiliated with a firm);
2. Expression of Interest with tentative budget (using ACTED EOI template*);
3. Copy of a previous external evaluation report (in English) conducted by the lead evaluation
Please submit the bid in a sealed envelope addressed to ACTED Kenya/Somalia: Chania Avenue, Opp. LER Apartments, P.O. Box 21217-00505, Nairobi. Please submit the bid between 8am-5pm Monday to Friday at the ACTED office, a receipt will be provided by Catherine Hingley (AMEU Manager) or Solenne Delga (Programme Development Manager) as proof of submission.
Please submit the bid no later than Thursday 3rd November 2011 at 5pm (Kenya time).
*The full Terms of Reference & EOI template can be downloaded from:http://www.acted.org/appels-offres
32 total views, 1 today