Lab Assistant Vacancy in Kenya – Floralife
Floralife Lab Assistant
Position Reports to: Technical Manager Africa
Company Profile: Our client is involved in Floral Packaging from Africa to the Rest of the World
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing vase life trials in order to generate reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations and adoption of Floralife products at the farms
- Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict protocols to carry out quality checks and analyses of manufactured products
- Preparing specimens and trial samples for vase life observations
- Maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment available for day to day use
- Ordering of flower samples and ensuring that the laboratory is appropriately stocked
- Recording and sometimes interpreting results to present to other colleagues
- Using computer software to generate required results
- Keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability
- Demonstrating practical procedures to farm crews in an education setting or when introducing a new product or a new approach to an existing product
- Conducting searches on identified topics relevant to post-harvest research and collating such information in Floralife library
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks
- Help in constructing a trade show booth and helping in trade shows and exhibitions as need arises
- Any other related work that may be given from time to time.
- The person should be a graduate in Horticulture (preferably), Agronomy, Biochemistry, Food Science or related life science (at least Upper second division)
- Experience of at least 2 years in the floriculture industry
To apply for this position send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org the position in the subject line and preferred location.
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
51 total views, 1 today