Department: Business Market
Sub-department: Corporate / Public / SME Sales
Reporting to the position : Sector Sales Manager (Corporate / Public / SME)
Type of the function : Execution Function
He/she will oversee the conceptualisation, planning, development and implementation of Account Management within the Sales Sector.
1. Operational: 100%
- Meet and exceed sales targets by developing relationships within targeted customers. Engage with customers at the Executive level to understand their overall strategy and key business drivers; strive to develop a roadmap with the customer that facilitates progression towards the expansion of Orange services
- Develop multi-level and multi-functional relationships (CEO, CFO, CIO and Business Unit Leaders) to drive solutions that are innovative and provide value / benefit relative to the customer’s respective business needs; deepen and widen relationships with a longer term focus
- Understanding customer’s deployment plans and identifying strategic plans for success of the customer and profitability of Telkom Kenya. Understand the customer\’s business and IT strategy; map these requirements to industry trends, as well as with existing customer requirements where Orange solutions provide value
- Responsible for overall account management, account development, relationship and sales development. Working with the expanded team provide overall account strategy and direction; program risk, assessing situations, making recommendations, and implementing planned contingencies, when necessary
- Ensure maximum customer exposure and response to business development requirements through a proactive approach of periodic reviews with key contacts within the organization. As required provide concise and professional presentations to customer and Orange Business Services management
- Ensure that all account plans, organizational charts, and related documentation at both the executive summary level and line management detail level are kept current. Providing critical communication links to the customer, business units, necessary functional organizations, executive and senior managers.
- Provide overall management of critical Target Market List, information relative to the customers including legal, product pricing, commercial management relative to contract agreements, price books, pricing tools, one-off deal specific bids, etc. and ensure that the customer contract is kept up-to-date.
Education Background & Experience:
- Degree in Business, Finance or other relevant field (or equivalent).
- Membership in related professional organizations
- Certifications accreditation in relevant areas
- Minimum of 3 years experience in consultative selling and relationship management preferably within multi-national companies
- Proven track record in selling high dollar value services; 3 or more years experience or equivalent
- Understanding of industry sector that the customer is in and associated strategies and business challenges.
- Identification and development of key partners and vendor relationships to maximize Telkom Kenya’s ability to provide total integrated solutions to the customer.
- Knowledge in creating solutions for customers based on their business and IT initiatives rather than on a company’s product offering
- Understanding of the industry sector and key customers in that sector inclusive of related strategies and business challenges
- Proven track record in sales of quota achievement
- Partnering with software, hardware and consulting vendors, who have a multi-national customer base.
- Background in business consulting, process analysis design and improvement, and development of technology based business solutions
- Self-starter with experience and desire to acquire new business.
- Adept at prospecting, funnel management and closing business.
- Must be self driven, energetic, resourceful, creative, and possess strong leadership skills.
- Ability to project a strong, positive image of him/herself and the Company.
- Ability to build good customer relationships at all levels.
- Ability to deliver professional sales presentation, proposals and reports. High Proficiency in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Must be a strong team player with a commitment to value-based leadership.
- Field Work: YES 51 – 80%
- Professional tools used: laptop, handset, car/mileage
Professional Risk (heights, risk of electrocution): NO
Shifts Work: No
Night Shifts: No
Week end work: No
Work on-call: No
* We are looking for several Key Account Managers.
Click here to view and apply