Muslims for Human Rights (MUHURI) is a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) based at the Coast of Kenya.
Following the review of its Strategic Plan 2010-2012-2017, MUHURI has reorganized its work force and identified a new position to be filled in its Finance Department.
The Accounts Clerk will be the principle assistant of the Finance Officer and responsible for managing the expenditure portfolio of the organisation.
(S)he will have a proven track record of working in a similar position and will possess all the necessary skills to execute all the duties with minimum supervision.
(S)he will be a person of integrity with the desire to contribute to the realization of a human rights responsive Kenyan society.
* Be responsible for planning all the organisation’s expenditure
* Ensure adherence to organisation’s procurement procedures
* Ensure expenditure is in line with project budgets
* Go through and authorize requisitions and follow up to ensure imprest is accounted for in full Responsible for ensuring proper filing of all accounting documents
* Be responsible for the management of petty cash
* Holder of a degree in Economics or Business Related Course and/or CPA VI certification
* At least three (3) years of proven experience working in a similar position
* Good knowledge of computerized accounting packages including PASTEL and MS Excel
* Computer literate
* Aged 35 years and below
Applications enclosing Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of relevant testimonials should be forwarded to:
Muslims for Human Rights (MUHURI)
P.O. Box 42261
Deadline for submission of applications is 22nd July 2011.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: MUHURI is an equal opportunity employer and persons of all religions are encouraged to apply.